Part 6

Y/ns pov
————-
The party was in a few hours and I was actually really excited. Ya Tony had parties a lot but I love them. I hate but love dressing up.

I was in my room getting ready with nat and Wanda. We were doing our hair and makeup and it was fun. We were laughing and dancing/singing to music. It's always the best part when getting ready with my best friends.

After a few hour it was almost time to go so I went and got dressed. I decided on a black jumpsuit and I felt HOT!

I come out of the bathroom and nat and Wanda both cheer me on

I come out of the bathroom and nat and Wanda both cheer me on. Then as Wanda and nat both go dressed I cheered them on. It was a lot of fun.

Once it was 8:10 we linked arms and headed downstairs. I always had anxiety being to late or too early but nat said it's always best to be fashionably late.

We go up to the bar. We get drinks and talk until Steve and Bucky come up to us. Steve and nat kiss and mine and Buckys jaw dropped. We look at each other and then back to them.

"What-" "how-""what the hell" we were rambling at the same time.

" guys..guys.. GUYS!" We both shut up and look at them

"It just happened a few days ago. Thought we'd, I don't know try it out I guess" Steve explains

I look at nat "why didn't you tell me!?" I ask as I pout.

"I don't know I didn't want it to be a big deal." She shrugs

"Not a big deal!"

Buckys pov
—————
I listen as y/n rambles about Steve and nat. I honestly kinda saw it coming if I'm being honest. I think we all did.

But watching y/n ramble on with a pout here and a frown there. I don't know what was happening to me but i found it adorable.

What the hell barnes!!

I never thought like this before. Like, ya in the beginning I thought she was cute, ya but I never found myself wanting her like now.

After she almost got shot, I don't know what came over me but I was really worried and didn't know what I would've done if she did get shot.

I wasn't gonna act or say anything about it though because I felt out of control and it's been years since I actually like someone. Even in the 40s I never actually like someone. Sure I was kinda a ladies man and ya I went on lots of dates but it was mainly just for one night stands.

I mean I was kind of an ass hat back then if I think about now. Anyways I never felt the way I do now. Not to mention how pretty y/n looked right now.

Gosh I'm such a softie! I never talk like this way about a fucking girl. I feel like a high school kid and I hate it.

Y/ns pov
—————
"I mean it is a big deal nat I still can't believe you didn't even mention it" I roll my eyes

I've been rambling about it for quite some time now and to be honest I was being a little dramatic. But I mean how could I not? My best friend was dating another one of my best friends so... you know... what?! I laugh to myself.

I take a drink and then look at nat again and she was looking between me and Barnes smiling. I look at her confused and then look at Bucky to see him looking at me smiling. I smile back at him and he looks down shaking his head as he slightly blushed

Weird

Steve and Bucky leave and once they're out of sight nat and Wanda look at me a squeal.

"Oh my gosh!!"
"Did you see that"
"Hell ya I did"
"What are you guys talking about!?"

"Barnes was just staring at you the whole time you were rambling!"

"If you ask me I would say someone has a little cruuushhh" Wanda squeals

"Oh my- no, you guys are totally over thinking this!" I roll my eyes

"If we are overthinking it then when you go over to ask Barnes to dance he won't say yes"

"What-" before I could finally Wanda used her Magic to push me towards Bucky

I run into some people and I felt bad but not as bad as I was about to

"Umm hi haha" I awkwardly laugh

"hi?"

"Do you ha... umm do you wanna dance?" I raise my eyebrow hoping to god he said no

"Why?" He raises an eyebrow

"I don't know never mind" I try and quickly turn around but then he grabs my wrist and pulls me back

"I do wanna dance y/n" he says making eye contact. I hold his gaze not wanting to look away. I never realized how blue his eyes were. I felt like I was drowning and couldn't come back

"Y/n?"

"Hm?"

"I asked if you still wanted to dance?" He laughs

My cheeks turn red "oh umm ya right sorry."

He pulls me to the dance floor and a slow song turns on.

I roll my eyes and look over to see Wanda and nat smirking while Wanda waves to me with her red hands. Curse her and he magic fingers

Me and Bucky sway to the song while his hands on my hips and my hands on his shoulders. It felt like a freaking high school dance (even tho I've never been to one let pretend I had a normal childhood)

After a while I finally look at Bucky and he was staring at me. I suddenly felt really hot and I'm sure my face was a red a cherry.

"What?" I laugh awkwardly

He just smiles and shakes his head

"You know... your very beautiful" he asays and now I'm sure you could see my red face from a mile away. But I try to act cool.

"Oh? Was that a complement from mr. James Barnes?" I saw in a sarcastic voice

He laughs again " you know I... I don't like people using my actual name but coming from you?"

"Oh my mr. Barnes you sure know how to make a lady feel special. How many girls have you used that one on hm?"

"None actually" he says

"Oh I'm sure" I look down. I don't know why but I felt kinda jealous at the thought of him doing things with other girls.

The song ended and I pulled away from Bucky and quickly walk away feeling bad about what I thought.

How could I think he would like me over all people. I mean if nat or wanda weren't with other guys I'm sure he would have done the same thing with them right? They're way better looking!

I leave the party feeling insecure and upset. Going to bed early and trying to get a night sleep. But all I could think about was the one and only Bucky Barnes. I hate myself.