Back To Square One

Your POV

It had been three days and Eddie hadn't returned. Will had still been having 'odd' feelings and tingles up his spine... indicating that something from the Upside Down was near.. but surely if it was Eddie he would've made himself known. Everyone was on edge. You were all sticking together just in case; El wasn't safe.. but now you knew the potential risk you could all keep an eye on her. You felt yourself falling back into the comfortable, safe depression that had been lifted when Eddie was back. You felt like he was never going to return, or that if he did it would be back to square one. You didn't speak much over those three days - and it seemed like everyone noticed. They had gone back to coddling you.. but you didn't care anymore. You didn't care about anything, other than Eddie returning... for better or worse.

Eddie's POV

Eddie had returned back to Hawkins after two days. He was ready to fulfil his mission. The time he had spent with Vecna was filled with teaching and training. Vecna had taken a lot of Eddie's memories when he first returned to Hawkins, filling his mind with his mission only.
Vecna showed him how to travel between the two worlds and why he didn't trust him to give the answers the first time. He had to make sure that Eddie was fully ready to kill Eleven, and if he succeeded, he and El would've transported back to the Upside Down automatically. This time though, Eddie was taught how to do it himself. All he had to do was call upon his strongest powers... those that were connected to the Upside Down. Vecna taught him in only a few hours how to do so, and he came to the realisation that this was the reason why his eyes glowed such an intense purple colour. This was his 'Upside Down' powers. Calling upon them, he had to imagine himself in the Upside Down. It was as simple as that, but to do so he kept having to transport between Hawkins and there. He found that the best way for him to call upon these powers was if he was angry... real angry.
Vecna also warned him that the longer he was in Hawkins, the quicker Vecnas powers and influence would fade. So he was not to take too long. He was 100% sure that he wouldn't fail his Master this time. He couldn't remember why he failed the first time anyway. Why hadn't he attacked at first sight? Those people meant nothing to him. He felt disappointed in himself... stop. That's another human emotion that he couldn't allow himself to feel. He changed that emotion to confidence. He was confident he would succeed. He had to believe that.
When Eddie was ready to go back to Hawkins, his mind was firmly set in place. He would kill Eleven the first chance he got, no distractions. Summoning his 'Upside Down' powers, he got ready to transport back. Just before he blinked out of the Upside Down, he heard a strange clanging noise. It was very faint, like a whisper.. of metal on metal. It sounded very warrior like; like soldiers battling and swords clashing. What was that? No. Never mind. No distractions.
He opened his eyes and he was back in Hawkins. Full of determination, he set off to find his target.

Your POV

"He's definitely back... I can feel him. It's like the moving gate again.. so I know it's him" Will blurted out.
You all glanced at him in curiosity. Ok. So he's back, and he hasn't come back to you.. that can only mean bad things. Instant worry set in.
"I'm ready for him this time. If he's come back to kill me again, Will can feel him when he's close and I will be prepared" El said confidently.
"What do we do in the meantime? We're just sitting ducks right now" chipped in Steve.
It was decided that it was probably best to be in a wide open space, so you could see Eddie coming. Back to the Warehouse then.. you could block off all exits/entrances bar one, so even with his super speed he couldn't surprise attack you. There was no splitting up this time; you all bundled into Steve's car, Steve and Robin in the front, Dustin, Mike and Will in the backseats with you and El spread across them.

When you got to the Warehouse, you all swarmed around El like bodyguards and made your way inside. You'd packed up a load of necessities; bottles of water, snacks, a few blankets in case you had to stay the night. You realised that your parents must fully trust all of you.. you were all 'sleeping over' at Mike's, but to Mr and Mrs Wheeler you were all staying at Hoppers. They thought it was comical.. Hopper had never been much of a 'kid' person until El. Understandable- considering what happened to his daughter Sarah. You were surprised Hopper hadn't caught on to something happening yet.. he seemed to be the Warrior of Hawkins when things were going wrong.
After you set up camp inside the huge room of the warehouse you decided to play card games to keep yourselves occupied. The North and East exits/entrances had been blocked off with whatever you could find in the warehouse; chairs, mattresses, random bits of timber. The only one left open was the South entrance.. and you all sat the furthest away from there. You sat in a semi circle with El in the middle, somewhat protection for her but also space if she needed to use her powers quickly. Will was sat next to El, ready to tell her when Eddie was coming. Everyone was on edge, but Will looked super nervous. He hadn't stopped sweating since we'd arrived.

A few hours had passed and everyone was becoming tired. In that time, you'd set up a space for Eddie to be subdued and kept... if you managed to subdue him. You sat staring into space.. not sure how long you'd been doing it until a sudden hand on your leg made you jump.
"How you holding up Y/N?" asked Dustin.
You just shrug your shoulders, feeling defeated.
"We'll get him back again... I promise. It's Eddie. He loves us, he loves YOU" he comforted.
"What if it doesn't work this time?" you whisper, as tears start to roll down your face.
"Well... if that's the case.. we'll find a way to get through it together" he replied.
You didn't say anything. You knew that if this all went wrong, you wouldn't make it out alive this time. You were certain that this would absolutely crush your heart and soul. You wouldn't be able to live through it all again, you just got Eddie back... just to lose him again? No. You wouldn't survive it. The heartbreak alone would be enough to kill you... and if it didn't... then... you let the though just trail off. You knew you shouldn't be thinking like that, but it was so hard not to.
"He's close" Will interrupted your thoughts.
You saw everyone stiffen up. This was it. It was going to happen so quickly.
You brace yourself....