Folklore, Myths and Legends

Your POV

"Well? Hello?" Hopper was staring down at you all. Robin jumped into action.
"Hi Mr Chief Police Sir!" She beamed at him, "we're just doing some research for our D&D game. Hellfire kindly accepted me into their campaign recently and I'm up against a Vampire next week and I have no idea what I'm doing if I'm being honest".
"And Steve Harrington likes D&D?" Hopper raised an eyebrow in Steve's direction.
"No Sir, but I have two weeks vacation from work and I intend to help my geeky friend here defeat whatever evil is coming at her" he cheekily replied.
"You kids don't think you've had you fair share of evil over the past few years? Think you would've had enough of it by now" this time Hopper looked at you.
"Well.. this is a game, so it's fun... as well as fake. The past few years have been.... Very real." You managed to bring tears to your eyes just thinking about 'dead Eddie' and that was enough for Hopper to awkwardly pat you on the back and excuse himself.
"You thought about getting into acting Y/N?" Robin grinned at you, "he was outta here so quick!" She laughed.
You decided not to tell them that those tears were real. There was still a fine line between your happiness and sadness. Sure, it was getting better, but it wasn't hard to feel sad very quickly... especially when thinking about Eddie and death.
There were mostly classic vampire stories here: Dracula, the vampire Lestat etc, but you went ahead and skimmed through those anyway; you never know what truth could be found in a story. There was also a couple of folklore books. You picked up one titled 'Superstitions; Folklore, Myths and Legends'. Had to start somewhere right? You read through many of the pages and only one thing was certain thus far - all cultures revered vampires as blood sucking demons. Well, you knew he drank blood so that wasn't much help. Vampires could be dated back as far as Ancient Greece when stories were told of creatures that attacked men and women in the night and drained their bodies of blood. Even knowing that Eddie was a vampire couldn't convince you that vampires were real. Sure, Eddie is a vampire that was made into one in another world... in the Upside Down. Yes, knowing there's another world/dimension here means there could've been one in other parts of the world... but it just seems so unrealistic. You're such a contradiction to yourself... but whatever.
After the three of you had been reading for what felt like forever (it was only an hour) you turned to each other to collaborate all the information you had found. Regarding the abilities of a Vampire, this is what you had come up with:

1. Superhuman strength- you already knew Eddie was super strong, maybe you just had to put it to the test.
2. Superhuman speed - again, something you already knew.. not much help.
3. Shapeshifting - also known as animal morphing, with the most popular being bats. Not sure if Eddie would be happy transforming into a bat given how he was murdered but it was worth an ask.
4. Enhanced senses - supposedly, vampires are able to hear for miles, smell things much more strongly, their vision is amazing. You knew that Eddie could hear exceptionally well (after the pee incident this morning) but you weren't sure about the others.
5. Telepathy - Eddie hadn't mentioned being able to read minds and you hoped to God that he couldn't.
6. Immortality - Ok so generally speaking vampires are very hard to kill. A stake to the heart or a beheading can do the job though.. but you wonder if it would be the same for a Vampire that also had better abilities due to being a child experiment with powers...
7. Levitation - some vampires have been reported in folklore to be able to levitate and fly- you hadn't seen Eddie levitate but you had seen him climb walls. Weird.

"Ok, so we know Eddie has some of these already, but there are some we can test out... minus the immortality one. Suppose you're not up for attempting to kill him are you Y/N?" Steve poked you in the ribs. Robin glared at him.
"Too soon?" He asked, an apology lingering behind his words. You shook your head and smiled at him... you knew it was better to joke. You either laugh about it, or you'll cry. Fragile loser.
You gather the small amount of information you have and the three of you head back off to Steve's car.
Making your way back to Mikes, a bit of anxiety started to kick in. All the past weeks worries started to catch up with you and it was hard not to worry about the future. You knew you needed to focus on the present and helping Eddie... Vecna needs to die for any of you to be happy.
As you walked down into the basement, Dustin came zooming at you waving a piece of paper in the air.
"We found something! You're gonna wanna hear this!" He yelled excitedly.
"Woah man, calm down" Steve spoke to him like he was a puppy.
You all sat around and waited patiently for Dustin to dive into what he had found.
"So, we know that Eddie is Kas.. and that only he can wield the Sword of Kas (obviously)" he rushed, "but, any of us can find it. Yes Eddie will be the one to hear it, but if he allows (with his vampire-ness) he can share the sound with us and it will make itself known to us too. It makes itself known to those who wish to defeat Vecna and help Kas!" He finished.
"Ok, but it's in the Upside Down... how do we plan to go and retrieve it without being mauled by whatever creatures Vecna has there" you ask.
"So El said that her sisters powers are similar to those of Vecnas.. but also remember that story she told us? Where she made her and everyone around her seem invisible? She can do that for us! Make us seem invisible and if anything sees through that then she can make them see stuff that isn't there as a distraction! It's fool proof!" He exclaimed.
"What's fool proof?" Asked an unfamiliar girls voice.
You all turned around to see Eddie, El and what you can only assume as Kali walking into the basement.
El made the introductions and then you all settled again to tell them Dustins plan. You also told everyone the information you found on Vampires.
"First things first, I wanna try out some of these vampire powers... it's better to be at ultimate strength before we do anything else" Eddie stated.
You all agreed. Eddie admitted that he'd found out his maximum speed when he and El went to get Kali and that it was better to be 'slow and steady' so not to burn out. Well, as slow as a vampire can be anyway.
When it came to strength, Eddie could pretty much lift anything we asked of him. He lifted a ten tonne truck and placed it back down like it was nothing. Perfect. His hearing was quite phenomenal too- he could hear within a range of about five miles. He couldn't fly- not for lack of trying. Watching him jump off Mikes roof and flap his arms like a bird was hilarious... only for him to come crashing down to the floor. He didn't hurt himself (obviously). He couldn't levitate as such, but could easily climb walls and ceilings... like a spider. He tried his hardest to read our minds, but again, no luck. He also couldn't transform into any kind of animal. So it seemed that he was your bog standard vampire... with extra abilities due to him also being number 010.
"Ok, next on the list guys - let's try and teach you my powers" smiled Kali.
This was going to be interesting.