The power of a Snake

The sun rose in the eastern side of Konaha with it many people waking up to start their day. For any other person today would have been a normal day but for the academy students, today was the day that would determine if they became shinobi or not.

Naruto woke up, had ramen as usual for breakfast and dressed before heading to the academy. He now wore a dark blue shirt and pants with an orange sleeveless untied zip-up jacket with dark blue trimmings. He then left for the academy.

All the academy students in Iruka's class were now seated waiting for their sensei to begin all.

"All right class, today is the day that some of you graduate from the ninja academy and become genin"

"You will be given two hours to complete a written test about your basic academy subjects. After that you will be given a test on you bunshin and henge no jutsu (clone and transformation jutsu)"

Everyone seemed to understand and Mizuki another teacher started to hand out the assessment sheets. Naruto noticed a small genjutsu placed on his test and released a small amount of chakra, breaking the genjutsu. He assumed it was Mizuki who put the genjutsu on his test to lower his chances of graduating the academy- after all, it was a known fact that Naruto was hated by most people in Konaha including some academy teachers- nevertheless, Naruto didn't focus on them too much, he followed the words the Sandiame Hokage, Hiruzen Sarutobi, had told him when he was younger which were to ignore all those who hate him and keep the ones he cares for close to him.

When the written test was over, Iruka collected the papers and started calling each of the students one by one to test them on their clone and transformation jutsu. So far most of the class hd passed even some civilian family students, then Iruka got to Naruto. Naruto was one of the top students in the academy even though the other teachers would hinder him and if they didn't, Iruka was sure he would have been the best in the whole academy. Ever since Naruto joined the academy five years ago he's shown nothing but exceptional talent in becoming a shinobi. Iruka would have liked for Naruto to graduate early but knowing his circumstance, he thought the civilian council wouldn't allow such a thing and he was right.

"Ok Naruto, make at least two shadow clones"said Iruka to which Naruto obliged creating 5 clones

"Good- now henge into anything or anyone"

Naruto weaved the hand signs necessary for the transformation jutsu thinking of what or who he should transform into. A puff of smoke covered Naruto and there in the middle of the class stood the Yondiame Hokage. The reason Naruto had chosen him was because he always felt an odd connection to him somehow each time he saw his face on the pictures framed in the Hokage's office of the previous Hokages.

Iruka was a bit shocked in seeing Naruto transform into the Yondiame, mostly because of their similarities, but congratulated him and gave him a head protector which he tied around his waist. When Iruka was finished testing the rest of the students he said-

"All right class, come back tomorrow to find out who your jonin sensei's are"

The students left the class with Naruto, Shikamaru, Chouji and Hinata walking together wondering what they should do to celebrate them becoming Genin.

"How abou-" Naruto was going to suggest but was cut off by Shikamaru

"Were not having ramen again Naruto"

"You don't know I was going to say that" said Naruto pouting

"Ok, what were you gonna say?" Questioned Hinata

Naruto kept quiet answering their question.

"How about we go to the new Yakiniku Q?" Suggested Chouji as it was his favourite restaurant