THIRTEEN, have a friendly competition over first date ideas

Having a friendly competition just means seeing who can come up with the best first date idea. This method of asking a subordinate out would work best if you and your subordinate already have a good rapport and make friendly small talk on a regular basis. The goal is, once again, to keep it casual and not make your subordinate uncomfortable.

°°°

"Why have you been avoiding me?"

Capitano set down his pen and merely gave y/n silence. Truth be told, he was trying to think of a plausible answer rather than saying what was actually the case.

"Captain."

He could hear the urging in y/n's voice, but he still didn't want to say anything.

He couldn't."

"Capitano-"

"Would you really not date me?"

Fuck!

He really did wish he had a window to jump out of.

Y/n paused for a moment.

Would i-

Then, everything clicked into place when y/n saw the not-so-well-hidden book "HOW TO COURT YOUR SUBORDINATE" in giant bold letters.

All this time he- Capitano just wanted to-

He couldn't stop himself from smiling as he looked at his captain.

"Alright. You want to know the truth?"

He didn't wait for an answer.

"I really would date you. Hell, I would marry you if you asked. I just .. didn't want to say anything at first because I really really thought I didn't deserve you. Ok? You don't have to believe me of you don't want to, but that's the truth."

Y/n was quick to worry though once he finished his small speech.

Mainly because Capitano didn't say anything for a long while.

"Y/n..."

"Yes!"

He found himself standing at attention. His palms becoming sweaty from his nerves.

"Come here for a moment, would you? Though .. close the door first."