Ch. 4 ~ Break free

Swear warning!

- Lauren's POV -

Xornoth walks up to my cage, and opens the door. "I ne3d you t0 hunT som3one, pl3aSe?" He asks. I nod. "Heh! The potions working!" Joey celebrates. "Y3s, it i5. We n33d y0u to g3t J1mmy." Xornoth says. Again, I nod. "Here's some contacts, and some foundation for your 'corruption marks'. Cover them up for easier kidnapping" Joey says, handing me the items. "Thanks." I mutter, and cover it up. "Ok4y, g0. AnD c4ll m3 if y0u ne3d it" Xornoth says, and I run outside.

- Scott's POV -

We eventually make it to Rivendell, passing by Skycity. "She'll be back." Jimmy reassures me. "I know-" I say, and see a figure pass by me. I jump a bit, but continue walking. Once again, the figure passes by. "Please tell me you saw that" Jimmy whispers. "Yeah-" I whisper back, then pick Jimmy up. "Hold on!" I say, and start running with all my might. We run for around 5 minutes before we make it to Rivendell's main building, and I bring Jimmy into the bedroom. "Who the hell was that?" He whimpers. "No clue, but they give me bad vibes." I say. "Aww, I thought you liked me." The voice says. We both whip our heads around to see the figure in the doorway. "Who the hell are you?" I ask, and the figure crosses their arms. "Scott, you don't recognize me...?" The figure asks, and their eye glows red. "Who-" Jimmy starts to say, then the figure flicks the light on. "Know me now?" They ask. "LAUREN?!" We yell. "Awww, am I welcomed now?" She asks, smirking. "Where were you?!" I cry, hopping off the bed, and running towards her. "Scott, her eyes!" He screams, and I look into them. They're glowing red. "*laugh* Now you notice, huh?" She says, and they flicker. "Lauren! Are you-" I stutter. "F*ck. I-" She says, trying to keep it out. I pick her up, and hug her. "Scott- get off-!" She warns me, and I step back. "I'm sorry, Scott." She crys, and her eyes go red again. She stares at me, then teleports away. I kneel, covering my face with my hands and crying. Jimmy carries me to the bed, and pulls me over to him. "Scott, she's okay-" He starts, and stops. "Okay, she isn't, but we can get her out of it." He starts over. I start sobbing into his shoulder. "Hey, it's okay." He says, and I cough. "No, sh- she's not!" I say, and let out a cry. "Shhh, Scott." He tries to calm me down, but it doesn't help. "Hello?" I hear from the distance, but Jimmy doesn't. "She'll be okay, we have Gem to help." He says, hugging me. "No-! *sniffle* She's gone, Jimmy! corrupted to the max-!" I say, struggling to not scream. "Scott? Jimmy?" I hear Gem's voice from the doorway. "Hey, Gem." Jimmy greets her, and I look over. "Scott-! Are you okay?!" She yelps, coming over to the bed. "Yeah- *cough* i- I'm okay-" I say, holding back loud sobs. "He's not." Jimmy explains. "Scott, what's wrong-?" Gem asks. "I- I'm fine..." I say, and a tear runs down my cheek. "Scott, you're crying. What's wrong?" She argues. "L- Lauren- she's gone-!" I finally crack. "What-?!" Gem looks at Jimmy. "Corrupt." He clarifies. "Oh no... Scott, come here.." She tells me, holding her arms out. I go over to her, and hug her tightly. "Holy- he's really shaking." She notices, and hugs me back. "He's really upset.." *sniffle* "what-" I sob, and pull away from Gem. "Gem, we need your help."

- Jimmy's POV -

"Okay, I'll see what I have." She says, and gets up. "Take care of yourselves?" She says, and walks out. "Scott-" I try to say, but Scott jump-hugs me before I can say anything. "Hey, I love you." I say, and he doesn't respond. "She's gone-" I hear him mumble. "Hey, look at me." I say, and he looks at me with his tear filled eyes. "She isn't gone, just- trapped." I try to comfort. "She's gone, Jimmy- there's no way a cure even EXISTS-" He sobs, and falls into my chest. "*sigh* She isn't, I promise!" I say, and lay down. "Fine-" He mumbles, and closes his eyes. "I love you, Jimmy..." He murmurs. "I love you too." I respond. I stare at the ceiling, and notice how there's a design in it. "Aeor's antlers-" I remark, and look at Scott. He's fast asleep. "Aww." I say, and kiss him on the cheek. I close my eyes, and drift off as well.

- Lauren's POV -

I make it back to the lair, my eyes red from crying. "L4ur3n? D1d you-?" Xornoth asks, but stops, realizing I was pissed. "Lauren, calm down-" Joey says, worried. I look over at him, and scowl. "Woah- what happened?" Joey asks. "Scott f!cking happened, that's what." I say, with pure anger in my voice. "W0agh, l4nguag3!" Xornoth says, concerned. "I'm sorry I let you down, Xornoth." I say, looking away. "I have a plan." Joey says.

TBC