Ch. 6 ~ "Final" Battle

- Lauren's POV -

Me and Gem get things settled and I decide to finally go see Scott. "Wish me luck..." I joke and fly off. I fly to Rivendell and call for an owl. "Hey, could you get Scott over here?" I say, and the owl flies off. A couple minutes later, Scott comes running to the front door. I look at him and smile. He runs up to me and hugs me, almost knocking me over. "I'm so sorry, Lauren!" He cries. "Hey, it's okay! I understand why you were mad."
I reassuringly say, and hug him back. He breathes heavily and pulls away. "I'm so sorry-" He starts, and then jumps. "What?" I say, then look beside me. "H3llo." Xornoth says. I back away. He teleports away, and Scott looks around frantically. I just stare at him. We go into Scott's house and sit at the table. "I can make some food if you want" I offer, and he nods. We chat a bit while I make steak and baked potatoes. "What happened while you were corrupt?" He asks. "I don't entirely remember... but I do know he got friendly with me... like he was my friend," I say and shake my head. "Hm." He hums and gets up to grab a glass of water. "Smells real good!" He says and sighs. "Thanks, it's almost done," I say, and take the potatoes out of the oven. I grabbed plates and gesture to Scott to grab his food. "Thanks, Lauren!" He says and serves himself. "No problem," I say and grab my plate. I serve myself and sit down. "What happened while I was- gone-?" I say and take a bite. "Not much, I guess." He says. "Hello? Scott?" I hear Jimmy yell from outside. "Jimmy?" He asks. "Hey, Scott! Could I come in?" He asks. "Yeah." He says, and Jimmy opens the door. "Oh- hey Lauren! You made up, I see." He remarks, and I nod. "Help yourself to some food," I say, gesturing to the counter with the food. "Ooh! Thanks." He says and grabs some food. Jimmy sits beside Scott and Scott blushes. "What's going on with you two? Like- dating?" I blurt out and laugh when they both turn red. "Yeah," Scott says and laughs.

- Jimmy's POV -

"Yeah," Scott says and giggles. "Awww!" She squeals and laughs. "The food is really good, Lauren!" I say and take another bite. "Thanks!" She says and finishes her food. I see that Scott isn't eating, just staring at the door nervously. "Hey, Scott?" I say, getting his attention. "What?" He says. I glance at him, then at his food, and he understands. "Sorry-" He says and takes a bite. A couple of minutes later, I head home and sleep. [6 hours later...] I wake up and look out the window. "H3ll0!" I hear as I see Xornoth standing there. "AAH-" I scream and jump out of bed. "D1d I sc4rE y0U?" He laughs and teleports in. I pull my sword out, and back into a corner. "StUp1d id3a." He says and laughs. I point the tip of my sword at him, and he grabs it. "Ju5t g1vE iN alr3adY." He says, and crushes my sword, turning it to dust. "No-!" I say, and get the shield out. Protecting myself, I manage to call for help in chat.

[SolidarityGaming: Scott come help!]
[Smajor1995: coming]

"C4lliNg ouT f0r th4t W1MP w0n't h3lp." Xornoth says and incinerates my shield. "LEAVE ME ALONE-" I yell, bracing myself. He then grabs my arm, and I wince and try to pull away. He then throws me to the ground as Scott bursts through the door. "XORNOTH!" He yells, running towards him with a sword out. Xornoth then teleports away as soon as Scott gets close enough. He puts his shield up and backs toward me. "Hi- Scott-" I say, getting up. "Are you okay?!" He says, side-hugging me, so he's still on guard. "Yeah," I say, and blush.

(The Canon stuff happens, [Scott, Gem, and Katherine find the library then Shub is kidnapped] and we cut to the scene where Scott fights Xornoth.)

- Scott's POV -

"Just die!" I yell and slice at Xornoth. He grunts and runs. We continue this cycle for around 10 minutes before we trap him and get Gem ready to cast the spell. "Are you ready?" Lauren asks Gem. "I am!" She reassuringly says. "Guys- this isn't how we-" Joey starts, but I interrupt by smacking him in the face with my shield. "Gem, now!" And she casts it. "NO-" Joey yells at his lover one last time. My vision turns white, and before I know it, I'm given a blood-red crystal.
"That's- Xornoth?" I say, speechless. "Yeah..." Pearl mutters and looks around. "It's- hard to see this..." Joey says, staring at the crystal. "Wait- does that mean... it's over...?" Lauren asks, looking oddly nervous. "Yeah... I guess so.." Katherine says and smiles slightly. We all look around at the non-corrupted place where Shrub was just held captive. "Let's head home, hey?" I ask Lauren, and she nods. "See you guys!" She yells as she flies. "It's- weird... knowing it's all over.." I say, gliding with Lauren at my side. "It is... do you think the corruption is gone?" She asks, sighing. "Yeah... it seems right," I say, and we see Skycity in the distance. "It's- GONE!" She says, excited to no longer see giant blood-red tentacles piercing the clouds. She flies faster, leaving me a bit behind. "C'mon Scott! Don't be so slow! Rivendell awaits!" She yells, smiling. I fly quicker and see Rivendell, all snowy, but corruption free. "Woah... it's... gone," I mutter and land at Aeor's statue. "We have done it, Aeor!" I say, looking around. "Thank you, my king..." A whisper comes through to my ears. "Aeor? You can speak to me?!" I say, looking up. "Of course! You are my descendant, after all! I'm proud of you, Scott Major. Enjoy the peace." The god says, and I smile and bow. "Thank you for your blessing Aeor." I say and go into my house, trying to ignore the stupidly obvious ice spikes. I need help with this dumb magic... I think to myself and not even daring and lay in my bed.

TBC