Prologue

★Prologue★

"You bitch! How dare you do this to me! I'll make you pay for this!" I charged at her with all my might but before I could impale her with my sword I was pierced by someone.

"W-what? Wh-who did this!" I demanded the person who stabbed me to show himself.

I kneeled down as more blood gushed out of my open wound. I heard footsteps from a distance and slowly hear it getting closer and closer.

"Alastair?" I was shock at the sight of my three brothers standing in front of me, with faces of stone.

They were standing between this conniving bitch and I, but there was something wrong with how they were standing. It was as if they were standing between this evil woman and I like they were protecting her from me.

"Eve, are you okay? Did she harm you?" Alexander asked. She then started to weep and showed her bleeding arm that she slashed herself from earlier.

"She slashed me with her sword, Big Brother."

I can't with this pretentious being! How dare she blame me for something I didn't even do.

"What!? I did not do that!" I said with the very little energy I had in me, my voice was rasped and out of breath.

They stared down at me coldly almost telling me to shut up or they'll kill me on the spot. But I did not mind their disgusted look they're giving me because, to be honest, at this point I'd rather die than see how they show more love and affection to someone not related by blood to them.

But here I was, struggling with my own life, not receiving any kind of help from them. I was tortured and abused, taken advantage by the maids that made me do all the chores and ministers that go to my wing and made me feel dirty of myself.

But after all my struggles and reached my tenth birthday, receiving my powers, I finally got the recognition from father but my happiness was shortlived because after that, everyone just used me for their own benefits.

I didn't want to be disliked by people, especially the ones that I love. I want them to love me and cherish me, make me feel that I belong here, that I have a place where I can feel safe.

But I only feel like I'm the root of everyone's nuisance. I feel like I'm nothing but a tool in this empire.

The irony of my life, is that the one that should be in place is the one that is having everything I've ever wanted and dreamt of.

And when I look at my brothers again, they were all aiming their swords at me and also casting a death spell on top of that.

They say that if you pierce someone and have put a death spell in them, they'll feel the pain of death a thousand folds more.

I guess they really want me to have a very painful death.

"Brothers, thank you..." I grab the tip of their swords and clutch them together and pierce myself and the effects of the spell took effect almost immediately.

And I fell into oblivion and beatitude came over me at the very last.

...

Hi! This Han and I have another work for you to read! I hope that you'll love The Duke's Daughter and I hope that you'll give it support and love. I know that I'm still new to Wattpad writing and I'm doing my best to make ever work I do is interesting and can be enjoyed by everyone.

Enjoy your day and always be positive and happy!