05 - Her

Author's Note: the picture up above is what I'd imagine Cassandra would look like.

The picture is not mine, all credits to the rightful owner

Chapter 05 -
Her

✿Cassy's point of view✿

*Knock* knock*

"Yes? Come in!"

"My lady, it is I, the Butler." He bows. "The Duke has asked for your audience in the dining hall." He informed me. I simply nod my head and dismissed him after.

I sighed as I prepare myself. I can't believe that the Duke has asked for me. I mean, he doesn't really do that, at all.

I arrived at the dining hall with a stoic face and passive look in my eyes. I didn't pay any attention to the people around, with the exception of Rose and the other servants in the hall.

The three boys sat in their usual seats and the Duke sat on his seat. While as I, sat at the very end corner of this long table.

The room's temperature began to increase as the tension between us all builds up by the minute. I was looking around the room when I made eye contact with Rose but her face was Mother's, I look at the people around me to see if they've noticed something but they seem not see anything.

That's not even the weird thing, they're frozen! As if someone stopped time itself. I look at Rose, who is now in my Mother's form.

"Cassandra Allison Claire, talk to them!" She says. I shook my head disapproving of her request. She made a face and point the four men that is sitting at the far end of the other side of the table.

"Fine! But don't expect me to talk nicely..." I mumbled the end of my words and as if on cue, everything came back to what it was.

I cleared my throat and glanced at their direction.

"Good day, Your Grace, Young Masters." I bowed my head slightly. I expected them to scoff or do something cold but they didn't, instead they actually greeted me back.

"Good day to you too, Cassandra."
Alastair said.

"Good day, Cassy. How was your day?"
Alexander said.

"Hey, how you doing today?"
That is definitely weird, Adonis never greets me.

"Cassandra." The Duke simply called my name. That made me cringe, what the— what happened to these people?!

I glanced at Rose and gave her a meaningful look. But she seemed to not understand the look I gave her and tilted her head bewildered.

I sighed and just ignore her.

"Your Grace, is there something important you need to say, that made you have to call for me?" I broke the ice between us and started the conversation by asking a question.

He clears his throat before speaking.

"Well, you stopped greeting us and you stopped eating with us. I just wanted to ask why?" I was dumbfounded by his question. And instead of answering it, I laughed out loudly instead.

"Hahahahahaha! Oh my, this *laughs* this is fantastic! *Laughs* I can't believe that you would question me that, given that you're the one that asked me to do so years ago." I had a serious face when I said the last sentence.

They avoided eye contact with me. I heard the Duke sighed heavily before speaking.

"Cassandra, we invited you here to tell you that we will be accommodating someone." He pauses and looks at me in the eye. "We do not know where she came from and if she really is a relative of ours, but she claims to be my daughter—" I didn't let him finish before I stood up and stormed from there.