Chapter 16 - Mystery man

Chapter 16

"Adonis... Adonis... Adonis!" I snapped back to reality. "What is it?" I looked at Alex, the one who had called me.

"Adonis, you were about to explain why you were in Cassy's room," he stated. "Ah, yes, of course," I cleared my throat.

"I was conducting my nightly rounds in the castle when I encountered her. She was wandering the halls, appearing disoriented and distressed," I informed them. "I inquired about her troubles, but it seemed to worsen her condition. She began breathing heavily and repeatedly uttered the word 'no' to me," I concluded.

They appeared perplexed and confused. I felt the same way. I must say that Cassy isn't usually like this, or at least that's what we have always believed. After finishing our meal, we proceeded towards our school, being in our final year at Sybrius, the esteemed school of the Acricius kingdom. "Young masters," we turned our heads to locate the person who called out to us. "The headmaster has requested your presence in his office," informed the dean's assistant.

Initially, we were bewildered, but our confusion dissipated as soon as we stepped into the dean's office. The dean was not the only one present; there was another individual in the room. "Alexander, Alastair, Adonis, I would like for you to meet a new student. And if my information is correct, this fine young lady is your youngest sibling, right?" he inquired, referring to Eve. Naturally, our faces contorted in a mixture of surprise and discomfort.

❁Cassy's point of view❁

I was savoring my tea while gazing at the view before me. However, Rose entered the room, her countenance displaying distress. I turned to her, my expression reflecting confusion. "Rose, what has happened? Is something troubling you?" I inquired, my brow furrowing further. "My Lady, there is an unidentified man inside the manor!" My previous frown deepened even more at this news.

"A man?" I questioned. "What is the reason for the presence of an unfamiliar man in the manor? And who exactly is this individual?" Numerous questions swirled in my mind.

"I do not know either, My Lady," she says. "Well, let us see this man then. I am curious about the identity of this gentleman." I stood up and walked out of my room. Rose leads the way.

Upon arriving at the room where this mysterious man was, I completely felt my entire body grow pale, my blood chilling as I also felt a shiver travel down my spine.

"Greetings..." His voice, it is familiar. "My Rava." I flinched.

"What did you just say?" He looks confused. "I said, Greetings, My lady." My insides churned simply because of his voice. "Very well, why are you present here? What is your purpose?" I asked him directly.

"I was summoned by the Duke, your father, for an investigation, Madam." I furrowed my brow. "An investigation? Why would my Father request your presence for such a matter?" He offered a slight smile.

"I deeply apologize, but the Duke explicitly instructed me not to disclose the details of my work to anyone within the dukedom." I regarded him with suspicion. "Not even to me? The lady of the dukedom?" He nodded solemnly. I let out a defeated sigh.

"Rose, let us depart." Rose extended her hand to help me rise from my seat. "I bid you farewell, Sir..." I trailed off, gesturing for him to provide his name. "I am Draecon Glaidious, Madam." He bowed gracefully. "Very well, Sir Glaidious. Goodbye, it has been a pleasure to make your acquaintance." With that, I exited the room as composedly as possible.

However, as soon as I stepped out and the doors closed, I swiftly collapsed onto the floor. My breath became uneven and my heart began pounding out of rhythm.

"Madam, please gather yourself! You mustn't-"

"Cassandra?" A voice interrupts Rose's words. "Cassandra, are you alright? What transpired?" It was my brothers. However, I am not in a suitable state to engage with them.

"Leave me be, I lack the energy to converse with all three of you." I firmly stated, rising to my feet with Rose's assistance. "Therefore, I implore you, leave me be."

They remained silent, yet I knew they comprehended my message. On that day, they genuinely respected my request, and I am immensely grateful for that.

Due to the taxing events I encountered today, I retired early to rest. However, during sleep, memories one after another began to unlock and manifest before me.

~In dream~

"Cassandra, Cassandra, Cassandra, my esteemed Ishnae." Blinking, I gradually regain consciousness. "Goddess Rabiyah?" I remark, observing her smile upon noticing my awakening.

She assists me in rising from my slumber. "Ishnae, kindly accompany me. I have an important matter to discuss with you." Grasping my hand, she guides me towards a different location.

After a considerable amount of walking, we eventually halt in front of an airy chamber featuring a vast open garden, adorned with a grand fountain at its center. "Please, dear Ishnae, join me in sitting." I acquiesce and settle beside her. A sense of unease envelops me, as I ponder the subject matter Rabiyah wishes to converse about. It could pertain to an array of topics.

After a while of walking, we arrived at a tranquil open room with a spacious garden and an impressive fountain in the center. "Please, join me, child," Rabiyah invited me. I sat down beside her, my nervousness palpable as I anticipated the topic of our conversation. It could be anything.

"Rabiyah, my revered goddess, what is the purpose of our discussion?" I asked her directly, preferring not to prolong the conversation with unnecessary words. "You see, my dear, in our previous lives, we encountered each other and fell in love despite being adversaries. However, I fear that your current situation differs significantly from mine, with minute details about your existence," she explained. Furrowing my brow, I inquired, "What do you mean by 'different circumstances'?" A deep pit immediately formed in my stomach. "Rabiyah, please tell me!" I implored, desperation lacing my words. Reluctantly, she shared with me an intricate account of events, which brought both relief and fear. Now I knew that the man who had once taken my life had been resurrected and was now residing under my own roof.

"If he has been revived, then who was responsible for his resurrection?" I looked to the goddess, seeking answers, but all I received was a solemn silence and somber head-shaking. "Rabiyah, what will happen now? What are we to do?" I slumped down with a heavy heart.

"I am unsure, my young companion, but for the time being, let us refrain from making any impulsive decisions, as they may lead to our collective demise. Therefore, for the present moment, it is advisable for us to maintain a low profile." I found myself unsatisfied with this response.

"Rabiyah, my esteemed comrade, what topic shall we delve into?" I inquired directly, aiming to avoid any unnecessary prolongation of this conversation. "You see, my dear, in our previous existence, we encountered and developed affection for our nemesis. However, I fear that your circumstances deviate greatly, involving intricate minutiae about your life." I furrowed my brow, seeking further clarification. "What do you mean by different circumstances?" A profound sense of unease immediately settled within me. "Rabiyah, please enlighten me!" I urged, my tone filled with pleading. She hesitated momentarily. "Rabiyah, I implore you, please reveal the truth." She proceeded to recount every detail, leaving me with a mingling of relief and fear upon realizing that the man responsible for ending my life now resides within the confines of my own abode.

Hehehehe hello everyone, so sorry for this late update. But finally I posted this update hahaha

Well see you all the next time!

Love lots,

Han ❤️ 🐝