Chapter 11 - Gideon?!

†Rivel's point of view†

“Master, why are we going to the House of Martyrs again?” I chuckled when I heard Joseph asked.

“I needed to see a special someone there.” I told him but he only looked at me very weirdly. “And also, connections. I need to have connections, you know.” He then look at me as if he only understand that part.

“Well, if you say so.”

The whole trip there was quite and as soon as we arrived at the Dukedom,y heart won't stop pounding. I'm nervous to see her again, I hope she still remember me or even the promise she made.

“Master, it seems we came to a wrong time.” Joseph whispered in my ear after he came back to ask someone to call the lord of the house.

“What? Why?” I asked Joseph in a panic. “Young lady of the Duke's house was poisoned and they are in a panic to find the antidote.” After Joseph explained to me, without thinking I jumped off the carriage and went straight to where that little girl is.

But I got lost for a while but thankfully I bumped into a servant there and asked him where their young miss resides in.

It took me a while before I reached where she is but when I finally arrived, I felt all my life being sucked away from me.

“Li-little girl, wh-what happened?” I stammered a little. “Who did this to you!? Who did this to her?!” I demanded angrily.

“Master, please! Calm down before you do anything.” I wanted to calm down but I couldn't, I just couldn't, not after what they did to her.

“Seph, I need you to investigate on this. I need to know everything, immediately!” He quickly left here, and do what I told him to do, and I was left here with her.

“Rivel, she—” I didn't let him finish and just punched him straight up on the jaw. “You may be her older brothers, and I know that she has done some questionable things before, but that doesn't mean you could just neglect her like this!” I am being held back by one of the knights and Adonis is being held back by his brothers.

“Rivel, this has nothing to do with our past hatred towards Cassy before, this poisoning was all done by someone else, we swear on the Goddess Rabiyah's blood running through our veins.” They all got their daggers out and one by one, they draw out blood by cutting through their flesh, and showing their bleeding hand to me.

I sighed. “Okay, I believe you guys, but how are we gonna find out who poisoned her?” We all thought about it before finally giving up because none of us knew what the answer is— well not as clearly as we wanted it to be.

They must have a huge grudge towards the Montefrancesco family to do this kind of thing. This has to relate somewhat towards the party and the arrival of the mysterious girl.

“Well, if my hunch is right, then the one poisoning little girl (Cassandra) is someone that has a grudge towards the family and that they could use her to hurt you guys.” They seem to agree with that theory but for me, that wasn't the motive of the person. “But I don't think that's the exact motive of that person, because considering the fact that you guys have neglected her, they wouldn't have done this.”

“I agree, if they really want to harm us or even just trying to threaten us, they would have come after us one by one, and not go after Cassy.” Alastair made a conclusion by himself and we all agreed to it.

“But first, we need to get the antidote for the poison.” We all looked at Cassandra who is struggling to breath.
She looked like she is just sleeping but in truth, she isn't.

How long did she endure such painful things to the point that she could make herself numb to any kind of pain— how long did she have to suffer to be able to endure this.

I kneeled down beside her, and held her hand, “I'm so sorry it took me so long, I promise, I'll make them all pay.” I kissed her hand just like how I did before, when we first met.

Hold on, little girl. I promise to give you everything you want, just hold on.

✿Cassy's point of view✿

“Cassandra, Cassandra, Cassandra....”
A faint voice called.

“Cassandra...” There is it again! Am I back where I was when I first died?

But before I could confirm it, a big flash of light blinded me, and a gorgeous lady is now in front of me.

“Who are you?” That was the only thing I could muster up the courage to say to her. But I don't know why, but I feel a sense of assurance in her, as if she and I are somewhat alike.

“Who are you, really?”

☆Alexander's point of view☆

“Young Masters, what are we looking for exactly?” One of the servants asked. I didn't say anything and just glare at them.

They instantly got back to what they were doing.

We already searched half of the library but we still haven't found anything yet, and we're running out of time.

“This is impossible! Why are we even finding this antidote?! Let's just let the bitch die!” Adonis shouts in frustration. And in a swift move, Rivel swung a punch to Adonis's face.

“If you guys just treated her as your sister, this wouldn't have happened!” Rivel lashed out.

“Wow, such a spectacle, indeed.” We heard someone said.

“Gideon?!”

Author's Note:

Woah! The boys are arguing! I hope Cassandra wakes up. But don't you find it quite peculiar who the one calling her name is?

And oOoOhhhhh! Gideon has finally made an appearance!

If you read the previous chapter, he was mentioned on it, I am still pondering if I should make him an ally to Cassandra or should I make him an addition to her many enemies?

But oh well, we have to wait in see then.

But as always,

Love lots, Han ❤️🐝