CHAPTER 29:

June’s POV:

The car drove at full speed back into the city. Xander said we’re going to his parents’ place by air.

I couldn’t wait to get there. I’ve never traveled by air before.

There so many first experiences happening.

My mind would drift back to what he said about the mouth to mouth. Technically it was my first kiss and I was unconscious.

I’m thinking of it as a kiss but I’m sure it didn’t mean anything to him at all.

He just did it to save his drowning pet. I shouldn’t get my hopes up.

He’s my owner! I shouldn’t have these types of feelings for him; and so, what if it was my first kiss?

He could choose to do anything to me without having a say in it.

A sigh escaped me. maybe I’m over-thinking.

“we’re here” he snapped me out of my train of thoughts.

Xander and I came out of the car and I was beyond amazed.

I’ve never seen a plane before talk more of seeing so many in one place.

“this is my plane hangar” he said like it wasn’t a big deal. There were so many!

Perks of being a royal.

I looked around. Paloma and Seth weren’t so surprised. I’m sure they’ve traveled way more than I have.

Willow’s red hair caught my eye. She looked tired and scared.

Not to mention she was isolated, standing with Hunter.

I began to feel sorry for her.

Something deep within me wanted to reach out to her but Hunter would punish her for that.

As if on cue, she lightly turned her head and her eyes met mine.

She flashed a reassuring smile at me but deep down I knew she was screaming.

“alright let’s go” Angela was the first to board the plane.

This was going to be a thrill. My first time on a plane.

We all took a seat.

I took one that was close to the window. I wanted to see how it feels like to fly.

I began feeling nervous as the plane moved. This first experience might not be a good one.

All of a sudden, I felt something cold on my hand.

“I understand you’re nervous but just try to calm down ok?” he had a small smile.

He’s right. I should breathe and relax.

This isn’t going to be the end at all. I closed my eyes and began to think good thoughts.

Xander’s POV:

We’d taken off about an hour ago. The flight was pretty boring with everyone doing one thing or the other.

Angela and Hunter were arguing about who-knows-what and it was really funny but they ended their argument and it was back to square one.

June had fallen asleep on the spot. Seems she can’t stay awake on a journey or the plane bored her to sleep.

I found myself staring at her sleeping form. So peaceful and so beautiful.

Maybe she wasn’t feeling comfortable with this position.

With that in mind, I scooped her in my arms and took her to one of the rooms.