CHAPTER 34:

Layla in the Media
June's POV:

I tried to make myself as small as possible.

Not wanting to get in the of whatever they were doing. Why am I so attached?

The night went from bad to worse. I have never wished to be dead.

Why couldn't the ground swallow me at this point.

"where do I sleep?" she had a cheeky smile. Layla looked radiant even in her night wear.

Deep down I didn't want her anywhere near this room and I hope Xander feels the same way.

"in your room? Why are you still here?" he cocked a brow.

"oh! How silly of me. Your dad said I could spend the night here" she hugged his arm. The pieces of my heart that were broken again and again.

I'm sure my face was as pale as a vampire. With no life in me. I've never felt so empty and helpless before.

"oh" was all he said. There was little to no emotion in her voice.

"y'know-" she cat-walked to Xander. "the bed is big enough for two of us" she sounded seductive. Xander only rolled his eyes.

"unfortunately," he muttered.

"c'mon, it'll be like old times. Let's have some fun" she ran her fingers through his rock-hard abs.

"Layla" he held her hands.

"the last time we had 'fun' was because of you. You spiked my drink and I wasn't myself" I knew where this was going and I couldn't help but feel broken again.

They've obviously had a whole lot of history.

There's no way I could catch up or compete with him having sex with her multiple times. The thought of then having sex right now made me scared.

What if it actually happens?

What will I do? I tried fiddling with my fingers or playing with the hem of my clothes to take my mind off everything.

"you allow your pet on furniture? What about a cage?" she glared at me. What have I ever done to her?

"June's a human not an animal. And she's my pet. I could do with her as I please" Xander climbed on the farthest side of the bed and Layla followed shortly.

She tried to cuddle with him but he pushed her away.

"oh, and June" he suddenly said. Since Layla got here, this was the first time Xander spoke to me.

He'd forgotten about me so quickly and it burns.

"get yourself a pillow and blanket from the closet" was all he said before shutting his eyes. Maybe he didn't want to bother looking at me.

"yes...master" those words were so foreign. Normally when we're in public, I don't talk so I avoid the whole master thing.

Now hearing the words roll off my tongue is something I can't handle. Everything was becoming too much.

Keeping cool is becoming impossible.

Calmly, I got up and went to the closet, got the blanket and pillow, went to the couch, and tried crying myself to sleep.

Xander's POV:

My father made me attend my first meeting in months.

And it had to be the day after Layla spent a night over. I could barely concentrate.