CHAPTER 40:

Xander’s POV:

I wasn’t ready to open my eyes or face the day just yet. I just wanted to remain in bed for as long as I possibly could.

Memories of last night came crashing back and a small smile almost made its way to my face.

Everything was so magical. Everything turned out so fine that my heart almost started beating.

June and I literally danced all night and it’s a memory that I was going to cherish forever.

I noticed the steady rise and fall of her chest.

She must be tired from everything that happened yesterday. Not as tired as me though.

Judging from the fact that she doesn’t attend events like these often; or at all, it was a handful for her.

I could only imagine how much more uncomfortable she would have been if she had worn heels like every other lady.

Since this whole ball thing has come to an end, I could finally relax and ease up on stress. It feels like a boulder has been lifted.

Now I can finally focus on some me time.

I noticed Her eyes began to flutter open and it was enough to warm my heart.

“I’m surprised to see your awake” guess she was thinking the same thing because she wasn’t expecting me to be awake.

Nice one.

“g-good morning” her voice was small.

“last night was fun” I slightly yawned.

That was the most fun I’ve had in a really long time and it was all thanks to her.

If she was owned by another person, I don’t think she would have these experiences.

“yeah it was really fun especially since you were my dance” I flashed a fanged smirk and June blushed slightly.

Flustering her isn’t ever a challenge.

When we danced, it felt like the world had stopped moving.

Everything felt so easy and carefree.

I would give almost anything to re-live that moment with her again.

A part of me wished she felt the same way too.

“I’m not surprised. But I have a question to ask: didn’t you dance with anyone else but me?” the question came off as a surprise to her but she shook my head.

“why?”

“well b-because…” she paused almost like she was looking for what to say.

It could be possible that she didn’t feel good enough to dance with anyone.

Or she was scared she was going to step on someone’s foot.

She overthinks somethings a little too much.

“no one had offered me a dance” was all she could muster.

June didn’t even bother looking at me when the words left her lips. Silence filled the air.

What is wrong with human boys?

Vampire or not I think she’s a snack.

Though they might avoid her because of her white hair.

Having her small body in my arms was enough quality time for me but she wouldn’t understand.

I was about to speak when there was annoying knock on the door.