chapter 3

Luna and Verne arrived at the River, Verne stared at the gish that she saw swimming in the water. She was amazed of how bright the water was.
"Luna look!" Verne pointed her nose a a few fishes that were swimming together, Luna smiled and said "yeah that's nature.." Luna smiled as she bended her head to the water and drank some water out of the River.
Verne did the same thing and immediately screamed after she finished drinking "Luna!! This is the best water i ever tasted!"

"Quiet!" Luna said with a serious tone in her voice looking quite mad at Verne, Verne immediately got quiet as she listened to her pack mate.
They suddenly hear the sounds of rustling bushes, the wolves stood close to each other getting quite worried but all out of the sudden a fox jumped out of the bushes.
The wolves both stood there looking quite surprised, "a fox?" Luna said surprised.
The fox looked right into the eyes of the wolves, "hadn't Dakota told you about me??" The fox said looking quite disappointed.
The wolves stood there both not understanding what was happening, "you know my mother?" Verne asked even more surprised then she was before.
"Yes ofcourse i know your mother pup" the fox said looking a bit grumpy, "I am her childhood friend" the fox said.
The wolves looked at each other then back to the small fox "what is your name?" asked Luna to the fox.

The small fox answerd "my name is Red, and you must be Luna and Verne right?"
The wolves both nodded silently.

After talking a bit the wolves and fox decided to go back to the moonlight pack territory (in other words their territory).

Back at the other members of the pack:

Ghost came home from patrolling together with Dakota their other pack mates greeted them as they arrived home.
Alaska walked towards his alpha, "Dakota how did the patrolling go?" He asked politely. Dakota looked up to him and responded with "yeah it was going okay though I am starting to get a bit nervous since the sun is already rising and Luna and Verne have been gone already for a few hours..." Alaska stared into dakota's eyes noticing that she looked indeed quite worried.
"Dakota your daughter is a strong pup and she has learned allot from you i am sure that they are fine." He said with a calming voice, Dakota looked up at him and nodded "you are right Alaska." She said.

"Dakota, dakota!" An elderly She wolf voice yelled, Dakota woke up and immediately stood up "what is wrong Sandy?" She asked nervous, "Luna and Verne are back home!" Sandy yelled.
Dakota smiled and walked over to Sandy noticing Luna and Verne also walking up to Sandy.
"Luna, Verne you are back! How did your trip to the river go??" Dakota asked politely.
"It went great mom! Thanks for asking" Verne said with a happy tone in her voice. Wich Luna responded with "we also met your old friend."
Dakota looked surprised, "old friend you say?" Dakota asked.
Luna and Verne both nodded en stepped aside to show Red the small fox, "oh my! Red!!! How great to see you my dear friend!" Dakota yelled out of excitement.
Red smiled and walked over to Dakota "I saw your pack mates walking in river pack territory and i saw that one of them was your kid, she has grown into a beautiful young lady wolf" Red said proudly, Dakota nodded also proudly "yes that's my golden pup" She said.
Verne smiled as she got all the compliments while Luna walked away with Sandy to take a map and rest.
After a while the whole pack decided to take a nap for the night.