chapter 7

A new day had arrived and dakota sat down om the leader rock in their camp to look over to her pack mates.
She noticed Alaska layimg down in his den lookin quite, quite upset? She found it weird to see since she has never seen him upset before.

All of the sudden they heard Ghost yelling "news from the boarders, news from the boarders!"
Dakota stood up and immediately called all pack mates to the big rock.
Ghost ran up to the rock.
"Well, what's the news?" Dakota said with an calming voice while staring right into the golden eyes of her pack mate Ghost.
"River pack wolves! Their alpha wants to talk to you, he said something about secret mates." Ghost said.
Dakota looked surprised, "well okay then, thanks for letting me know, send a message that I will meet him tonight by the lake of our territory." Dakota spoke as a wise alpha.
Ghost nodded in silence as he left to tell the message to the river pack wolves.

Alaska sat in fear knowing what was about to happen so he stood up and walked over to Dakota who was planning to leave to her den.
"Dakota can we please talk?" Alaska asked.
Dakota looked quite stressed, "yeah sure what is it?" She asked quickly.
"Well about the secret mates i-" alaska couldn't finish his sentence, "I am sorry alaska can we discuss this later? I have to leave soon." Dakota said stressed.
"But this is-" alaska sighed, "well then alright we'll talk later about it." He said with a upset tone.
Dakota nodded quickly as she left to go to the lake where she would meet up with the alpha from the River pack.

As soon as dakota arrived at the lake she saw Smoke the male alpha from the River pack sitting by the lake, he looked quite mad but still a bit calm aswel.
"Hello Smoke" dakota said while staring at her enemy.
"Why hello Dakota it has been long since we have spoke hmm" Smoke said with a calm voice.
Dakota looked him right into the eyes without feeling any fear for him.

"We have to discuss some things." Smoke said.
Damota nodded, "yes that's what I understood from my pack mate Ghost." Dakota said.
Smoke nodded as he stared right back at his enemy.
"One of your stupid pack mates is secretly the mate of one of my pack mates and that one pack mate of mine is my sister also the beta of my pack." He said grumpy feeling a little mad inside.
Dakota looked up surprised, "Smoke I am pretty sure that that isn't true." Dakota said.
"Oh but it is Dakota, she told me so her self" Smoke said staring deep into dakota's eyes without feeling any fear.
Dakota stood there in silence not knowing how to respond.

After a few minutes of total silence dakota asked, "did your sister say wich pack mate of mine?"
Smoke nodded, "yes i believe his name was Alaska." Smoke said.
Dakota stood there in shock, her own pack mate her beta secretly the mate of one of their enemy's???

"Are you sure?" Dakota asked still in shock of what she had heard.
Smoke nodded, "just one question." He asked.
Dakota stayed silence waiting for his question, "what rank is this pack mate of yours?" Smoke asked with a serious tone in his voice.
"His rank is beta just like your pack mate." Dakota said.
Smoke stood there in silence and after a few seconds nodded and turned around and said "were not done here. I will not show mercy because of this."
As he had said that he ran of back to his own territory.

Dakota watched him leave her territory, she eventually decided to go back to camp after drinking some water out of the lake.