Chapter 4

It was a rainy day at the moon forest, Luna was healings out to patrol.
As soon as she arrived close to the lake in their territory she smelled River pack wolves.
Luna looked around if she was being watched but she couldn't see any River pack wolves close to her until....
She couldn't even get the change to see what was happening before she got knocked out by a river wolf.

Back at the moonlight pack camp:

Dakota woke up from a goodnight sleep as she noticed Luna was gone patroling and Alaska was guarding their camp.
Dakota stood up and walked over to Alaska, "hey where are Verne and Ghost? I don't see them here in camp." Dakota asked.
Alaska responded with, "Sandy gave them a task to get herbs for the medicine den."
Dakota nodded and took a look around camp feeling quite peaceful though she had a strange feeling in her stomach that something wasn't right.

After a while Ghost and Verne returned with a passed out Luna on Ghost his back.
"What happend!?" Dakota said with a bit of panic.
"River clan wolves is what happend." Ghost said without any emotion in his eyes or voice. Verne nodded "we smelled their nasty scent all over her and by the lake." She said feeling quite mad and nervous.
"Bring Luna to the medicine den so that Sandy can take a look at her." Dakota said with a calming voice. Verne and Ghost silently agreed and did what they were told to do.

Dakota looked worried at Alaska as he also looked pretty worried because both of them knew how nasty the River clan could play.
"Alaska you go patrolling for the rest of the day. I will join you around night time." Dakota said with a serious tone in her voice.
Alaska nodded and ran out of their camp to go patrolling.

Dakota walked over to Ghost his den, "Ghost do you have a second to-" dakota couldn't finish her sentence when she saw her daughter Verne cuddling with their pack mate Ghost.
Verne noticed her mom and pushed Ghost away and quickly stood up "mom!? Don't tell me you saw that!?" Verne yelled out of shock.
Dakota stared at her daughter and Ghost, "ahem. Ghost i need to talk to you." Dakota said with a calm but serious tone in her voice.
Ghost nodded and stood up to talk with Dakota

"Ghost i need you to guard our camp tonight when I am gone, me and Alaska are patroling outside camp to make sure that the River pack wolves have left our territory." Dakota said.
Ghost nodded calmly, "oh and btw Ghost it's okay if you want to be my daughter's mate but don't you dare break her heart." Dakota said as a mother.
Ghost nodded again and turned around to go back to his den.

A few hours had past and the moon started to rise, Dakota walked over to her pack mates who all looked quite worried.
Dakota cleared her troath as she stared at her pack mates, "dear pack mates as you all know we have had intruders in our pack, this is not what we want. Alaska and i will make sure that our territory become's once safe again! For now make sure that our camp is guarded and safe for all of you, Ghost will guard camp while Verne takes the lead while i am gone for the night." Dakota spoke.
Dakota's pack mates all agreed and nodded as dakota gave them a calming Smile as she took of to go patroling.