Are gods among us?

We are talking about Poland. Nothing is ever normal there. - Andrzej Sapkowski

8 April 1975 P.C.

People's Republic of Poland

Radom

This year's April, according to a Polish proverb, besides the obvious according to the Polish name of this month of blooming flowers, has flown between summer and winter since the beginning of last week. A few days of sunshine, then out of nowhere it snows again, then sunshine again, then snow. Someone also noticed that this oddity collides too well with the state on the front. As Poland wins it is warm as Poland retreats it snows.

Fortunately, the sun was shining again today, so the kids were walking to school in the melting snow, and from time to time they used the last opportunity until November 1st to throw snowballs at each other.

Oh great times when there was snow in Poland for the winter and for quite a long time, not like in the year from which Japan came, there is winter but there is no snow for almost the whole winter or there is but little and for a few days in December or February.

Not that it makes winters more bearable for people, oh what not.

But we did not come here to hear about the long gone weather in the average quality of about 30% of the story of some inferior author who can not write or something like that.

So, who have we come to but Mr. Jędrzej Durczak, a random worker from the country who loves workers so much that the first thing he did after the first workers' strike in 1956 was to order the army to shoot at him. Such a worker-peasant paradise.

Why am I drawing your attention to this man? I don't mean that he somehow fell into disfavor with the party authorities, because that's not the case, but the fact is that he was followed by UB agents.

So now the question is, why do they follow him? Simple, this man was one of the first non-Party people who set up a company in the New Kresy, a paper company to be exact, although it mainly produced toilet paper. And at this point, Polish readers are already grinning because they know what is going on.

Namely, the toilet paper, not knowing why, in the People's Republic of Poland is called a scarce commodity, which means, according to Polish newspeak, contrary to what one may think, a commodity which is always in short supply and which everyone wants.

Yes, there is such a shortage in a country which can produce tanks on a mass scale, belongs (which is not a joke) to the elite group of countries working on atomic energy, or at least belonged to 1978, the mysterious death of Professor General Kaliski responsible for this research interrupted this, but in this world it is unlikely to ever happen, and many outstandingly advanced things and has a problem with something so simple.

It's a laughing stock considering the fact that there were no such problems in Czechoslovakia or Hungary for example, strange isn't it?

That's why one of the areas where economic bans were loosened a bit. Well, the understatement of the year, in the New Kresy, the so-called Kunicki-Lejczak Act was introduced, named after the ministers of light and heavy industry respectively. To make a long story short, this act is almost a dot-to-dot copy of Wilczek's act of 1988, a copy of which was miraculously found on the computer of ambassador Milewski, who wrote about it in his master's thesis in economics.

The copy was lying in a forgotten corner of the computer's memory when it was uploaded there after he had written his thesis. He found it by accident while searching for important information of the IIIRP which could be useful for the government of the People's Republic of Poland. It was quickly sent as important information to the government, then as befits an important piece of information, it lay there for a couple of months before finally, after being read and checked for correctness by the Security Service, Counterintelligence and other important secret services of the People's Republic of Poland, it reached the desk of the first secretary.