Two Eagles

April 28, 2017 J.C/ A.C

Empire of Japan

Embassy of America/"White House"

The storm created by yesterday's Polish-American treaty, quickly nicknamed "Warsaw Pact 2.0" by the media, was enormous. Frighteningly huge, overnight public opinion focused on Hayden hitherto being a shadowy and meaningless ex-American president.

That's why when it was found out what, over the years, Hayden had been planning, all of Japan and all Americans were shocked. Shocked by the scale, not by the idea because he had been talking about it for a long time.

He agreed so offhandedly to what many called a fief pact, under which America was to hand over ships, agree to the domination of Polish companies and so on. And all this was to be handed over to someone who, let's face it, is a little communist monstrosity. Poland simply put.

Hence, Hayden overnight, turned from a minor hero of the week into a symbol of a traitor, scumbag and idiot. Let's leave aside here all the triggers with which he was referred to because not only are they uncensored, but there are also simply too many of them. It's safe to say that the entire Japanese and touring public, although hitherto divided considerably among themselves, on one issue, but only on this one, they agreed every iota that Hayden is trash.

And the Republicans hated him, and the Democrats hated him, and how much the Japanese government hated him is a pity for words. Yomoya, as soon as he heard about it, was reportedly rumored to have called someone a fucking idiot for the first time during his reign.

From there, into the study in which Hayden sat and just waited with cool composure, to his surprise, without cerelony, the Prime Minister of Japan himself, Yomoya Toshinori, and the interim Vice President of the United States, Admiral William Mertz, rushed in.

The latter, moreover, immediately unceremoniously angrily approached the desk behind which Hayden sat calmly, struck the desk top with both hands clenched into a fist with all his might so that the President of America's nameplate fell to the floor, and growled.

"YOU FUCKING IDIOT, FUCKING TRAITOR. WHO THE FUCK LET YOU SIGN IT LIKE THAT?"

Toshinori, who was watching from behind, did not squirm at the curses. On the contrary, the Admiral expressed his humble opinion.

Hayden only lifted his face up, and there was an unbroken calm on his face. This irritated Mertz even more.

"WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING AT? FUCKING ARNOLD?"

Only the comparison to the greatest traitor in American history prompted Hayden's response.

"I'm not Arnold, I'm Wielopolski."

"Who?" wondered the Admiral, Toshinori paused for a moment looking in his head for who Wielopolski was. When Poland came to this world, he was given a long but fruitful paper written by intelligence on Polish history, with an emphasis on the last three hundred years. On the basis of what he received, he decided to pursue a policy toward Poland, for the time being all too successful.

"Aleksander Wielopolski was a Polish margrave, a man who decided that the best way for Poland under partition and an end to Russian terror was to make a deal with the tsar. He succeeded, which resulted in his becoming Tsar's governor for the Kingdom of Poland, which was under permanent martial law after the November Uprising. He made many concessions from the Tsar to the Poles, ended Russification, martial law, reorganized the education and administration saturating it with Poles in place of Russians. But do you know how that ultimately ended?"

The question at the end puzzled Mertz, and Yomoya remembered who Wielopolski was and how his policies ended. He looked at him uncomfortably, with only slight nonverbal signals not to be noticed by someone unfamiliar with these things betraying his true state.