Plan, behind the plan

Plan for technical and organizational modernization of the Armed Forces of the People's Republic of Poland for 1976-1986 according to the Polish count. Document approved by Supreme Commander of the Armed Forces Edward Gierek and Commander-in-Chief Marshal Wojciech Jaruzelski.

Mechanized Troop

1. A new small arms system code-named "Lantan" for infantry. The program assumes the development of a new fixed-barrel assault rifle, a landing rifle with a folding butt, a selection rifle, a hand-held machine gun, a deck-mounted belt-fed machine gun and a heavy machine gun. The whole is based on the 7 x 41 mm intermediate cartridge newly developed under the Marshyt program.

Completion date, 1980 by Polish reckoning. 

Lantal carbine, model 01

(Addition in Gierko's pencil, Is that an exaggeration?)

4. The program of the Polish soldier of the future code-named "Titan". Lessons learned from the use of the purchased equipment from Japan by our special forces proved positive. Feedback from soldiers and officers recommended that the new equipment be deployed as soon as possible in the ranks of the army.

The request was granted, one with a significant change. It was decided that instead of seeking a license from the Japanese, they would develop all the required equipment themselves.

This includes the development of a modern Kevlar helmet design, a modular bulletproof vest, a modern communications system, a new uniform design and camouflage that meets the requirements of the future battlefield. New design of gas mask, protective uniform against weapons of mass destruction. Moreover, the program intends to develop modern weapon sights yes and optical equipment such as night vision devices for the use of rank-and-file soldiers.

Completion date, 1986 according to Polish reckoning. It is recommended to link the new equipment designs to the tradition of Polish arms.

 It is recommended to link the new equipment designs to the tradition of Polish arms

The target look of the program, announced at MSPO 1985 to the public.

(Jaruzelski's addendum, This should cool the mood of soldiers and the public.)