Chapter 5

Tobirama bowed to his father before he approached.

His father was sitting at a low table, reading over some documents. A soft wind fluttered the banners that hung nearby depicting the Senju clan crest.

The young Senju sat down on the tatami mat across from his father keeping his head low.

"What have you to be report?"

"Hashirama, in my observations, was not conducting any behaviour that can be seen as harmful to the clan. He was, as he says, training. He appeared to be working on a technique that shows great promise but it is a long way off from completion." Not all lies, just twisted versions of the truth. As they had agreed upon.

"I see. . ." But Tobirama could tell that the man was still bothered. Only he had no proof and Tobirama had been the one that was supposed to get him that proof. "You may leave now."

Tobirama got up and started to walk towards the door but he paused just before he reached it. "Otou-san, I will be joining Hashirama from now on."

Then he left, smirking to himself at the slight startled jump in his father. It was reassuring to think that one day, he'd be stronger than the man who willing sent his own sons to die in battle. It was a feeling that made everything seem so much lighter for him, to know that they were going to change this twisted existence and make it better for everyone.

"Come Otouto, let us train. You've fallen far behind." Hashirama teased as he called the younger Senju over. "Let's work on your Water Style jutsu for today."

Tobirama, on one hand was worried that his brother was perhaps setting his heart up for failure. But on the other hand he was also extremely glad that he now knew what his brother was doing; where he was going. He was also more than happy that he could stand by Hashirama's side, train with him because Kami only knew how much he'd missed the older boy.

They were brothers, all that the other had left and they had to move forward together and bring about the change they wanted in this word.

Master one jutsu at a time.

Iron out their weaknesses.

Work to make themselves near invincibility.

All of that started right in that moment.

"Hai Aniki. But can you keep up with me?" Tobirama smiled at his brother and quirked an eyebrow. He was after all, a master at water style. Well, at least, he would be.

.0.0.0.

"Izuna."

The young boy turned at the sound of his name and looked at his father questioningly. "Otou-san?"

"What have you learnt?"

"There is nothing of concern. He trains just as he says he does." Izuna shrugged, watching Madara throw shuriken at a target while simultaneously ignoring their father's presence. "I also wish to accompany him, Otou-san."

"Do as you wish, so long as you do not endanger this clan." A dismissal. The man was far too busy with the affairs of the clan to bother himself with something that in his mind was no longer an issue.

He did not suspect a lie because he had not detected any trace of one. He did not even consider the possibility of omission merely because he was that confident in Izuna's obedience.

But there would come a day where both clan heads of the Senju and the Uchiha were no longer in the seat of power, having given it to their sons. They would see only then, that perhaps, they should've given just a little more of their time to the sons they were hesitant to get close to, hesitant to fully love for fear of losing them as well.