𝟎𝟖| Disgust

Amane finished packing all his paperwork before setting his binder and folder aside and looking at Nene

She laid on her side, the covers reaching up to her waist as she slept quietly. He walked to her and ran his fingers through her hair, pulling back the strands from her face.

He sighed and pulled the covers up to her chest, sticking her arms under them gently without waking her up.

Her fever had finally gone away after resting the rest of the day. She curled in the covers, taking steady breaths.

Turning away, he grabbed his stuff and left the room.

..

Amane walked through the halls until he reached the library. Opening the doors, the smell of wood and books instantly hit his nose.

He liked to think of it as the smell of comfort. The library brings a certain peace that he can't really get anywhere else.

He walked all the way to the back where a single door stands before knocking 5 times at a certain rhythm.

The door opened about a crack, leaving Amane to have to open the door the rest of the way himself.

"What is it now, Yugi?" A man with purple and white hair slouched at his desk smoking from his pipe lazily.

"I need to look through the book stacks," Amane replied.

The man lifted his brows, confused why he'd want to look through those books. "For what?"

"I need to look at someone's book. It's important." He leaned against the man's desk as he spoke. "Since when were things important to you," he scoffed.

"Tsuchigomori..." he groaned.

Tsuchigomori lightly chuckled, lifting his hands in mock surrender. "Who's book are you trying to look at?" He asked, standing up after putting out his pipe.

"Asahi Sato."

"You want to stalk a dead man?" Tsuchigomori asked, earning a blank stare from the amber-eyed boy.

He stayed quiet and just went to the section where all the dead people's books are. "Asahi Sato..." he dragged his fingers across the A's.

"Here he is." After pulling out the book, he handed it to Amane, who instantly started to look through it.

Tsuchigomori watched him closely. "Why are you so interested in this guy?" He asked, leaning against the bookshelf.

"He was my blood slave's last owner...I want to know how he died." That wasn't completely true. He really wanted to know how he treated Nene and any other blood slave he had.

Not deciding to bother him anymore, Tsuchigomori went back to his desk to slouch. Amane flipped through the pages until he made it to the year Nene was bought by him.