𝟏𝟒| Smile

𝕾𝖒𝖎𝖑𝖊

𝕾𝖒𝖎𝖑𝖊

Amane pulled out a tray and placed down the bowl of noodles, strawberries, and a cup of sparkling water that was also strawberry flavored.

Over the past few weeks, he realized how much she enjoyed strawberries.

He went into the room she had been sleeping in for a few hours and thought it was time she ate. He had put the ramen in the microwave until then.

She was leaning against the headboard, rubbing her still very much tired eyes as he neared her before placing the tray over her lap.

Her eyes slightly widened from their sleepy state. She thought that this was too much food.

"You need to eat, you haven't all day." His hand brushed against her forehead, pleased not to feel it warmer than usual.

She's not sick, just really tired.

He figured that she just wanted to be able to relax in peace and he hoped that being away from the castle would grant that.

He watched Nene eat in silence before an idea suddenly came to his mind. "Yashiro?" She looked up without making eye contact with him.

"Would you like to go to the hot springs?" She stared at him for a while before her confusion started breaking out across her features. "It's like a huge bath that's full of hot water," he further explained.

"A bath?"

He nodded his head. "Yes, many people enjoy going there because it feels more refreshing than normal baths."

"How can multiple people use it?" She asked with a slight frown. "Girls use the same one and boys use the same one," he replied.

"You get n-naked in f-front of them?!" she nearly exclaimed. "No! I'll buy a private room just for us..." He realized he said that wrong based on her dark red blush. "We'll also wear swimsuits."

She looked relieved after hearing that. "O-Okay."

He got up and went to one of the suitcases before pulling out two options for her to wear. "Just get dressed whenever you're ready."

...

Nene stood in the bathroom and stared at the two swimsuit options she had been given. She didn't understand why they were packed considering it was freezing outside.

One of the swimsuits was an all-black one-piece with red dots and the other was an all-white two-piece.

She liked how the one-piece covered her more, but she liked how light the two-piece was...She also found herself wondering which one Amane would like best.

She picked up the two-piece to inspect it more. The bottoms were high wasted and they covered more than she originally thought. Which made her happy.

She didn't like her skin because of how many scars it was covered in, scars that not even healing cream could fix. Those were permanent.