𝟐𝟏| I trust you

"You don't seem to be getting this," Teru sighed

"You don't seem to be getting this," Teru sighed. Yuri had forced her to work with him because she thought Nene needed to stop avoiding him.

She tried to deny that she was but she was a terrible liar.

"S-Sorry." Nene's hold on the spear was tight, her face red from embarrassment.

"It's fine," Teru said absentmindedly. Nene bit the inside of her cheek. She just didn't understand what she was doing wrong.

"Why don't you like me?" Nene found the courage to ask.

He was surprised by her question but didn't reply. He stood up. "Try again."

Nene stood up as well. She felt determined. She wanted- needed- to know why he didn't like her.

"Did I do something wrong? I'm sorry if I did-"

"You being here is what's wrong," he interrupted. His tone was rude, it made her eyes expand and her lips part.

"What?"

"You don't want to be here. You cry every night about wanting to go back, you say your owner wasn't bad. You're just going to be a problem to us and all for what? That demon?"

Her heart pounded. She felt upset...she felt angry because of how rude he was being. Not just to her but about Amane.

"He is not a d-demon," Nene said. "And you are not me. You don't get to j-judge how I feel especially when you weren't there to see what I've experienced," she stuttered a few times but that wasn't enough to stop the rage she was starting to feel.

He didn't expect her outburst and clearly didn't expect her to shove the spear into his chest. "We're done," she said and walked away.

Her eyes were burning but she wasn't going to cry. She didn't want to let him get to her.

Her feelings were valid no matter how much he judged her for feeling them.

"Yuri," she called. Yuri turned around and made her way in Nené's direction with a smile. "How's it going?"

"He doesn't like me, He thinks that I'm going to cause you all nothing but trouble," she said clearly.

"W-What? He doesn't-"

"He told me himself." She rubbed her arm. Yuri's eyes widened before they changed into annoyance.

"I'm going to kill him!" She stormed more into the forest to look for Teru.

"She's definitely going to scold him hard for saying that to you," Mitsuba chuckled, throwing a few berries in his mouth.

"What do you mean?" Nene asked, nearing closer. "They've already talked about you. She told him not to tell you how he felt," he shrugged.

Nene's heart dropped. "She knew he felt this way?" Mitsuba glanced at her. "We all did...besides Kou, he didn't want to talk about you."

She had to bite her lip hard to not show how hurt she was feeling.