𝟏𝟐 | Trigger

𝕿𝖗𝖎𝖌𝖌𝖊𝖗

𝕿𝖗𝖎𝖌𝖌𝖊𝖗

Nene was already halfway through her book, she had taken a break from her sketch to read it.

Yes, she did have to ask Amane what certain words were and what they meant but she was very invested.

At first, Aria hated the vampire she was bought by, Braith, but she was starting to warm up to him.

It felt sort of the same as how she was feeling about Amane but so far, she still didn't know what that feeling was.

She looked up from her book when she heard the door open before seeing the amber-eyed boy walk in.

He had papers in his hand as he walked toward her.

She wondered if those papers were the filled-out information for the checkups.

"I've got your stuff filled out." For some reason, hearing those words stung.

She didn't want to go to checkups. She didn't want to be sent away even if it was for a while.

"But, it's for a different place. Hopefully, they'll be more mindful, especially since the owners come to the check-up too and it's shorter."

Her eyes went wide.

"A-another place?" she questioned.

He nodded. "This is where vampires take their blood slaves to get better checkup service, it's insanely expensive unlike the one you usually go to," he replied.

"Oh..."

"That's better right?"

Nene nodded her head nervously before he raised a brow, prompting her to speak." Y-yes Amane-sa..."

She clearly still wasn't used to not saying Sama anymore.

He never got irritated though, he knew it was a hard adjustment. "We'll have to travel there, which is 10 hours away..."

He walked away and placed the paperwork in a folder. "We're leaving tonight, I'll have Aoi help you pack two days' worth of clothes."

Where they were going had a traditional Japanese market that he was sure Nene would be interested in. Since he suspected that she would still be nervous about the checkups even if it was a different place he thought that taking her out would relax her a little.

"T-tonight?" she stuttered out.

"Yes, we need to get this done quickly. The ball is soon and we need to get your dress fit," he replied. She almost forgot about her going to the ball. She was still shocked she was invited and getting a dress made.

Two strange things for a blood slave to experience.

"O-Ok," she fidgeted with her hands, which caught Amane's attention. She noticed that and stopped.