Chapter 22- Confused Feelings

"Cut!" The director shouts. "Okay, that's lunch, everyone."

The bell rang signaling the lunch period.

After an hour or two, I had came back on set to see both Asami and Mako.

"Oh hey, guys. Have you seen Bolin?"

"Up here?" Bolin chirps.

My head rises to the ceiling as I begin to laugh hysterically. "No way, you've been up there for hours."

"Yeah, thanks for remembering."

"Sorry," I pout. "Varrick invited me out."

Bolin manages to free himself from the prop that was keeping him still for the mover.

"Good, I'm glad you're all here." Mako announces. "I found out who's been stealing from future industries." He then pauses. "Varrick."

"What? No." Bolin gasps.

Everyone looks at me. I only observe my nails. "I'm not surprised."

"He attacked his own ship?" Asami asks, confused.

"Yes!" Mako exclaims. "It was a ploy. He wants Republic City to go to war, and he wants control of the businesses that stand to profit the most from it. He already had all the shipping. All he needed was future industries."

"Varrick helped save future industries." Asami voices. "He's my business partner now, not an evil mastermind."

Asami then places her hand on Mako's bicep. "Mako, you seem stressed."

Bolin and I both had our arms crossed over our chest as we observed the couple.

"I am stressed!" Mako shouts.

"See, this is why I had to move out." Bolin says, causing me to giggle.

Asami's eyes widen. "You guys aren't living together anymore?"

"Nope." Bolin says popping the p. "It was time for this eagle hawk to spread his wings and fly."

Asami lays her hand on Mako's chest. "Sounds like you've had a pretty busy week. Maybe you just need to relax."

I raise my eyebrow. "Wait a minute."

"Are you two.." Bolin gasps, pointing his finger at the two. "You're dating again! What?"

Mako cringes. "Dating? No!"

"That's crazy!" Asami exclaims.

"You guys are def banging." I smirk.

"Korra just left a week ago!" Bolin shouts disgusted.

"Guys, listen to me." Mako resorts. "Varrick is up to no good, and I have proof. The detonators he uses in his movers are exactly like the one I found at the cultural center attack. And those explosions were exactly like the ones the captain reported when Asami's shipment was hijacked. Don't you see?"

"Anyone could have gotten their hands on one of those detonators."

Bolin leans foward. "Yeah. Let it go, Mako. Let it go."

"Gah! No! I'm not letting it go!" Mako yells, storming off the set.

"Guys," I sigh. "Maybe we should listen to him."

"What?" Bolin exclaims. "He's gone mad, can't you see?"

"Exactly, I think he's on to something and I'm going to figure it out."

I chased after Mako. But when I had turned the corner, he was gone.

So, I decided to walk over to his apartment complex.