Chapter 23- The Big Finale

Tonight was the big finale of Nuktuk, but Bolin had to stop by the police station to visit Mako before the event.

Asami was attending the finale with us also, but she had her own ride.

Bolin and I had arrived at the premiere, stepping out of the limo as we walked towards the arena with cheering fans.

"There they are, folks." Shiro voice rings. "The sweethearts of the big screen, and Republic city's most famous couple, Fara and Bolin."

We walk inside the arena as the gates close.

"Wow, that was fun." Bolin smiles. "And did you hear what Shiro said? We're Republic City's most famous couple."

I sigh. "Bolin, you're a doll, but we aren't a couple."

"That's not what Shiro said." Bolin yells after me as I walked away from him.

I was sitting in the VIP booths with Asami and Bolin as the two mammals, Naga and Pabu were beside me, being feed by one of the servers.

Varrick was in front of the arena. "Thank you all for  coming for the finale of Nuktuk: Hero of the South!You know, when I first started this project there were a lot of naysayers out there. You can't make pictures move they said. You can't take some knucklehead earthbender and make him a star they said."

The Crowd laughs. "You can't teach a polar bear dog to speak they said. Well, they're wrong! Thanks to the magic of the movers, our furry friends have found their voices, and you'll be shocked to hear what they have to say. They speak of the injustice that is happening in the Southern Water Tribe right now. My hope, is that their words, and this epic mover, will inspire a real life hero to rise up, and help. Thank you again, enjoy the show!"

The screen lights up, revealing Nuktuk held by a bird on the shoulders.

The narrator begins to speak. "When last we left our hero, he was captured by the Evil Unalaq's dastardly pet bird. Amazingly, with the power of his whistling, Nuktuk escaped." Close-up of a whistling Nuktuk, followed by the far shot where the bird drops the hero. "And decided to seek out council."

A seal lion growling, with Nuktuk kneeling in front before a fish is thrown to the animal. "Thank you, wise sage. I will travel to Republic City and seek help."

Cut to an aerial shot of Republic City before switching to the interior of the president's office, where Nuktuk enters the room to find the president working with chemicals.

"Have a seat, I'm just working on a cure for the common cold. No longer will my citizens suffer from the sniffles."

"Mister president," Nuktuk says. "There's something more important than the sniffles right now. I need your help to stop the Evil Unalaq."

"Did you say help?" The president smiles. "If there is one thing I love doing, it's helping people."

Asami whispers over to Bolin. "I think this is your best mover yet."

Bolin's head falls low. "I just wish Mako was here to see it."

I turn my head back to the screen.

Nuktuk is chained to the wall while three automatons approach him. "Northern Water tribe automations! Nooo!"

"Bee bow bop, Nuktuk cannot stop Unalaq, must destroy Nuktuk." The automatic repeats numerous of times.

Roh-Tan stops between Nuktuk and the automatons and growls at the machines, forcing them to retreat. Juji joins in the growling, before freeing Nuktuk by firing laser beams from his eyes.