Hi

Max's POV:

Like I said I have school today, lovely. My eyes peeled open and unwanted sunlight seeped through the blinds. I groan and pull myself out of the creaking bed. I stand and shuffle over to my mirror while my fluffy socks suffocate my feet. Once I actually make it in front of the mirror I grimace at my disheveled state. My hair had knotted horribly in my sleep, there were dark bags under my eyes, and the unmistakably obvious bruise on my left cheekbone. Apparently your "family" doesn't like it when you jump off the roof to go to an arcade. Weird. 

I pull out the foundation my mom bought me to cover up the sickly purpleish green mark that invaded my face. I apply it until it actually looks like I didn't just paint on my skin. I move onto my hair. I pull out a brush and try my best to get it somehow manage able. It didn't work. I pulled a green t-shirt over my head and picked out my favorite pair of jeans. I finally tie up my shoes and grab my backpack and skateboard.

I quietly make my way down the stairs and try to avoid 2 of the members in this household, apparently being a super secret spy wasn't going to be in my future on account of the fact that I immediately stumbled into Billy. His overtaking cologne nearly make me faint and he didn't seem to glad to see me. 

"Watch it" He muttered, shoving me to the side. Isn't he just darling.

I continue to the kitchen and grab a quick banana to eat before school. While stuffing it down my face I hear Billy's car horn blaring. Oh yeah I forgot, I would have to be riding with him to school today. And every other day. Give yourself a round of applause for remembering this right before having to go through this with him. Would we talk to each other? no. 100% no. I shrugged my backpack on and walked down the driveway of our happy home. I jump into the passenger seat and slammed the door.

"Hey! Watch the doors!" He reminded trying to be intimidating. Oh right. I forgot how Billy prized this car. I imagined writing my name on the front of his car with sharpie, he would love that. Or it would give me a one way ticket to Billy's Hell and breakfeast, full of torture and pancakes. 

"Right." I muttered. He must have been somewhat okay with my answer because he scoffed and pulled out of the driveway. He drove like a maniac, sharp turns and he was going way over the speed limit. What a great first impression this will be, "Hi, I'm Max. You might know my brother, He tried to run you over this morning! Wanna sit together at lunch?" Although I already knew I wouldn't be associating with people at this school, Why bother? So that you can tell people about your favorite color and eat carrots together? Okay I don't really know what friends do. I had one friend back in California but she was only my friend because she skateboarded too, we didn't talk much, just stood next to each other I guess. 

We finally pulled up to the high school and I quickly jumped out of the seat and moved to the middle school nearby, not wanting to be seen with him when he makes a big show of himself. I looked back and he was getting out of the car in slow motion. Wow. I looked back to the middle school already dreading the inevitible fate I would have to endure right when I entered. Learning. I picked up thee board and walked to the councilor's office. I approached a cheery looking woman with a bright pink top and brown hair that was pulled into an extremely tight ponytail. Yikes.

"You must be Maxine!" She practically squealed with glee.

"Its Max, my name is Max." I pointed out. 

"Oh of course sweetie!" My face screwed up in distaste yet she continued, "Here is your schedule! Have a wonderful Hawkins Middle Day!" I almost ran out the door just because of that last sentence. But I continued down to the lockers until I found mine, I entered the combination and stuffed everything that I wouldn't need for the first few classes from my bag and into my locker. I made my way through sweating students to the classroom I was 90% sure was mine and entered. I looked up and was met with two students passionately making out on a desk in an empty classroom. I turned and ran. Gross, why would anyone do that in school? And before class too? "Hey George, I know we have our science class in two minutes but do you want to search the school for an empty classroom so that we can kiss on unsanitised desks?" "Oh of course Susan, I love engaging in morning make out sessions after breakfeast!" As I was playing this situation out in my head I found my real classroom. Mr. Clarke's room. 

I shuffled through the door and everyone was already sitting down. 

"And here we have the newest member of our curiosity journey! Drumroll Dustin!" A middle aged man with a bit of black facial hair and sweater vest announced. Oh boy was I in for a treat! Note the sarcasm. "Maxine!" 

Yeah, no. "Max."

"What?" Oh yeah Max is the name of my turtle, just wanted to let the entire class know that! I thought sarcastically.

"My name is Max, no one calls me Maxine." I looked away from the clueless teacher and surveyed the room, for some reason my eyes caught with a certain dark haired boy with chocolate brown skin.