Halloween Screw Ups

Billy locked the door... Dude, why?

I rolled my eyes and pulled myself up my tree, turns out climbing up a tree with a skateboard is harder than it looks. Who would have guessed?

I finally stepped onto the roof and gleefully tap danced across to my window. I slid it open and dumped my bag and skateboard down while crawling through. My sneakers slam against the floor and I wince at he volume. Suddenly the yelling from downstairs stops and I freeze. I hear heavily steps banging up the stairs and I shut my window. I scrambled over to my bed and sat down in time for thel
door to slam against the wall with the friendliest man in the world standing outside of it. Im kidding. Thats fricken terrifying. He stood practically growling in the door frame and I clenched my jaw.

"What the hell what that Maxine!" He boomed. I snapped. I stood up and matched his volume.

"Max!" I called as his face darkened, but I wasn't done yet. "My name is Max! Not Maxine! So-" my voice cuts of as I'm slammed into the wall. Here we go again why did Billy lock the door? A searing pain erupts on the side of my face as he slaps me. My knees buckle but he hold me up with one hand and punches me with the other, right where my black eye laid. I cried out as tears streamed down my face and Neil let me fall to the ground. He took this opportunity to kick me twice in the ribs. Pain coursed through my body as he walked away. I held my breath until I heard the door violently shut, I cried. I cried and sobbed and punched the ground which I instantly regretted, I held my now bruised knuckles to my heart as I continued letting all my tears out.

I hated feeling weak. I absolutely hated it. I picked myself off the ground and stared at the ceiling.
Did I actually deserve this?

Why does Niel hate everyone?

If I jumped off the roof with a kite could I fly away? I chuckled when I imagined myself floating away in the sky.

These thoughts floated around my mind until I heard my alarm ring out. I remembered I set it as a reminder to start getting ready for trick or treating. I pulled out of my bed with my face still sticky from my tears. I stumbled to the bathroom that I shared with Billy, who had already left for a party. I looked at my reflection in the mirror and sighed. Thank goodness for Halloween masks. I didn't want to have to wear globs of makeup to cover i up so i just applied a very thin layer of foundation, I would be wearing a mask in the dark the whole time, what could go wrong? Oh wait. I take that back, anytime someone says that something bad happens to to them.

I walked back to my bedroom and threw on my Michael Meyers costume. I look out my window and saw the sky getting darker. Time to go. I pull on my mask and grab a pillow case to grab all my candy in. I snatch my jacket and yank it on while climbing out the window. I slid it shut and stepped carefully to the tree. I jumped down and started my journey to the richer neighborhoods. On my way I saw parents holding babies while their kids ran up to the doors. I tried not to stare but it didn't work. Why did they get what I've always wanted? I guess I deserve this life. I finally tore my eyes away when I realized how weird it would be if they saw Michael Meyers stating at their kids. I shrugged it off and kept walking. I stopped at a few houses on the way.

I stomped up the driveway of a big house and knocked on the door. A rather skinny woman with a large nose answered the door and stared at me in distaste.

"Trick or treat." My words echoed around my eyes and she wrinkled her nose.

"Where are your friends?" She said in an annoyingly high voice.

"I didn't want to put them through the pain of looking at you so I went up alone." I sassed back and she looked at me in shock. I quickly reached my hand into her bowl of candy that she held in her hands and ran away while she yelled at me.