Six

"When we found Olivia, she didn't know who she was or where she was. Detective Stabler and Detective Tutuola found her and took her to the precinct. They tried to get her to remember, but she never did. Detective Stabler took Olivia to the hospital, where she got examined. That is how we knew she had a baby at one point. The bloodwork stated Olivia had GHB in her system. That is a date rape drug, and that caused Olivia's memory loss. To this day, she still doesn't remember what happened, but we have her ex in custody and are interrogating him as we speak." Cragen spoke.

A gasp left Olivia's mouth as she looked up at her boyfriend's captain.

"Captain Cragen, are you telling me that the suspect in Ms. Benson's kidnapping is in your custody?" The judge asked.

"Yes, your honor. I am. My detectives have been tracking him. They found him in Nevada, and his GPS was set for here. With further investigation, we found out that Mr. and Mrs. Stevenson have been in contact with their son since Olivia came back into town." Cragen spoke, his eyes glancing over the people in the room.

Olivia swallowed hard as tears welled in her eyes. She couldn't believe that Dana and James knew where Kevin was, and now Olivia was having a bad feeling that maybe they all worked together.

///

The judge called a recess until the Salt Lake City police and the detectives from New York could interrogate Kevin. However, the judge was allowing Olivia to see Ava for a few hours a day until things could get figured out. 

As soon as court was dismissed for the day, Olivia could see Ava before Dana and James took her home.

"Mama!" Ava sobbed when she saw Olivia walking towards her. Olivia squatted down and hugged her daughter tightly once she was closer. She placed kisses on Ava's hair and fought off tears.

"Please don't cry, Ava..." Olivia whispered.

"I don't wanna lose you again! I love you too much!"

"You won't lose me... the cops from Manhattan found Kevin. They arrested him and are bringing him here. They are going to find out the truth about what happened to me. If he took me, then I should get you back. Elliot and I will take you home to New York, where we can be a family." Olivia smiled weakly as she held her daughter even tighter.

"Do I have to see him?" Ava whispered as she leaned back and looked at her mother.  Olivia examined her daughter's face before shaking her head.

"No, you don't. And to make sure nothing happens, Elliot is asking the court to put officers outside the house. Make sure nothing happens."

Ava nodded slowly before resting her forehead against her mother's.

"Gran and Papa were talking to Kevin. I heard them." Ava whispered.

"What did they say?" Olivia asked weakly as she heard the door open behind them.

"That he should have hurt you more... they said he should have killed you."

///

Olivia had her daughter talk to the social worker, and Olivia didn't leave the courthouse until she knew something. 

"Ms. Benson?" Jamie asked, as she walked away from the judge's chambers.

"Yes?" Olivia questioned as she and Elliot stood.

"I am taking Ava into my custody until this situation is fixed. She is going to be sent to an emergency foster home until custody can be decided." 

"W-what?" Olivia frowned.

"We are thankful that you informed us of what Ava said, and she got to tell the judge exactly what she heard. To ensure that the Stevensons don't decide to take matters into their own hands, we are removing her from their care to keep her safe."

"Can we see her at all?" Elliot asked, his arm moving around Olivia's waist.

"You can call her. That's better than nothing." Jamie spoke. She moved back to the judge's chambers and grabbed Ava.

Olivia moved to her daughter before sinking down in front of her again.

"Ms. Jamie said I won't be going home with Gran and Papa. Where am I going?" Ava asked softly. Elliot squatted down beside her girlfriend and they both smiled at the small girl.

"You are going to spend time with a very nice family. They will protect you and take care of you while we figure things out. Before you know it, you can go home with either me and Elliot, or Gran and Papa. Okay?"

"Okay... I love you, Mama. You too, El." Ava breathed.

"We love you more than you can imagine, sweetie. Now, give us each a quick hug."

Ava stepped forward and wrapped around each of the adults in front of her. She let out a weak sigh as Jamie spoke her name.

"I gotta go, Mama. See you soon."

///

The Salt Lake City police department allowed the detectives from New York to take the lead in the interrogation. It wasn't every day that they had a kidnapping case that they knew nothing about.

So Fin and Munch stood outside of the room and watched as Kevin anxiously shifted in his chair.

"You know he did it." Fin frowned.

"Of course he did. He was angry that Olivia wouldn't drop everything to be with him. Did you hear what Olivia's kid overheard?"

"No, I didn't." Fin mused, as he turned to look at the older man.

"Her grandparents have been in contact with Kevin for the last few weeks. They knew he kidnapped Olivia and told him he should have killed her." Cragen sighed as he walked into the room. Both men turned to their captain and looked at him with wide eyes.

"Then we need to get all three of them. Elliot and Olivia gotta go back to New York with that little girl. If she stays here, she'll end up being the dead one." 

Fin walked over and opened the door. He stepped in, and Kevin gave him a dirty look.

"You have the wrong guy. I didn't do a damn thing. So let me go and-"

"Go and do what? We know what happened, Kevin. We just need to hear it from you."