Twelve

Olivia's and Elliot's excitement about their baby continued to grow as the weeks went on. Olivia's initial symptoms fizzled out and allowed her to just enjoy the fact she was having a baby with a man that actually loved her. One that didn't want to make her pay for saying no to him.

Ava continued to do great in school, and so did her mother. Olivia had been accepted into an online university on the east coast that allowed her to do all of her social work classes at her own pace. She realized she didn't have nearly as much free time to look forward to now that she is pregnant, so she did chores first thing in the morning and worked on classes while Ava was at school.

Elliot stood on the sidelines and enjoyed every second he got to watch his girls grow in this new environment. Ava loved her school and all of her friends, and Olivia was so elated to get a second chance to live her life.

"You seem happier than usual, Olivia. What's happening?" Alex asked, as she and Olivia ate dinner tonight about a month after Olivia's pregnancy was confirmed.

"Everything is just so good right now, Alex. Like amazing," Olivia smiled, her cheeks flushed with happiness. She couldn't stop smiling, and she didn't mind it at all.

"I'm assuming Ava causes all this happiness?"

"Ava, Elliot, school..." Olivia trailed off before she let her secret slip. The last thing she wanted to do was tell anyone about her pregnancy, just to lose the baby. She didn't want anyone else to grieve if they didn't have to.

"What else? You cut yourself off pretty fast," Alex laughed softly as she reached forward and grabbed her wineglass. She sipped it for a moment, as she stared down her friend. Olivia avoided her eyes for as long as she could before finally spilling the beans.

"I'm pregnant... Elliot and I are finally having a baby," Olivia whispered, as tears welled in her eyes.

"W-what? I thought you two were having troubles getting pregnant?"

"We had been, but then I think it's because my mind and body knew more about my past than they let out. I think I couldn't have another baby because my first baby was out there wondering about me, and I had to get her back."

"Oh, honey. This is great news! Does Ava know yet?" Alex smiled as she reached across the table and grabbed Olivia's hand.

"No, not yet. She won't know for a while. Elliot and I kinda want to wait until we know if it's a boy or girl. So we either have eight weeks or twelve weeks until we can tell her."

The friends continued to catch up on all the exciting things that were happening in their lives before separating for the night. Olivia walked to her car and climbed in before dialing her boyfriend's number. Before she could hit the last number, an unknown number popped up and her phone vibrated in her hand.

Olivia grew scared of who was on the other side of the call. She declined it quickly and drove home without telling Elliot.

///

The unknown number continued to call Olivia every other day. She ignored the call every time, especially since she was getting bad vibes from it. Like maybe it was Kevin, Dana, or James.

Olivia had enough of the annoying calls by the time Thanksgiving came around. She left the large dining table in Alex's dining room and slipped into the kitchen. She quickly hit accept before placing her phone to her ear.

"Hello?" an unfamiliar woman's voice questioned, since Olivia didn't even greet the annoying caller.

"Hel-"

"Who are you?" Olivia demanded, her voice shaking slightly.

"Is this Olivia-"

"Who are you?!" Olivia huffed into the phone, her voice growing stronger and filling with anger.

"If this is Olivia Benson, then I'm her mother. Serena-"

"My mother?" Olivia struggled to breathe as tears burned her eyes.

"Olivia."

The call fell silent as Olivia cried quietly. She wiped at her tears, but they just kept coming. During her entire time in Utah, no one had brought up her mother. No one had informed her that her mother and father were even alive, so Olivia just assumed they weren't. That she'd never get back those memories that had been lost long ago.

"How did you get my number?" Olivia asked after nearly five minutes of struggling to gather her thoughts.

"I just got back from a business trip, and I saw the articles about your case. From there I did a search online and found your number. Olivia, I thought you were dead."

"I assumed you were, too," Olivia admitted weakly. Serena let out a soft sigh before proceeding.

"Is it true that you don't have many memories from before?"

"I remember little of anything, just a few things. Are you going to use that to your advantage? Make you seem like a better person who you actually were?" Olivia spat, her voice sharp.

"No, Liv. We were close when you were younger, after your father passed. It was just you, me, and your little sister for the longest time. Then you turned eighteen and left. I tried to figure out why you didn't want to be in contact anymore, but you completely blocked us."

"I have a sister?" Olivia breathed as Elliot joined her in the kitchen. He walked to Olivia and wrapped his arm around her waist. 

"Who is it?" Elliot whispered, but Olivia didn't respond since Serena was talking to her.

"Yeah, you do. She's twenty-eight and her name is Jennifer. Liv-"

"This is a lot to process. I'll save your number and call you back soon. I just need time..." Olivia trailed off before hanging up quickly. She turned to Elliot as tears poured down her cheeks.

"Babe, what's wrong?"

"That was my mother."