Ten

Elliot slipped himself out from between Olivia's legs as they both fought to catch their breath. Elliot laid flat on his back as he found Olivia's hand and clasped it.

"I could be something else," Olivia panted.

"What?"

"I could be something else. I wouldn't have to work for the post office anymore. I should look into going back to school."

"School? Liv-"

"What about being a teacher? Or I could do something regarding social work!" Olivia beamed as she turned to look at her boyfriend. 

Elliot didn't seem super excited about Olivia's want to go back to school. He thought they were just going to expand their family and if Olivia turned into a stay-at-home mom, then they were just going to accept it.

"El?" Olivia asked weakly, as her after sex high faded and she frowned.

"Liv, going back to school will be a huge deal. You don't have any memory of college, so you may need to start from scratch. And being a teacher and social worker would each take at least four years to complete the program."

"So? I could do my school work while Ava is in school!"

"And what if you get pregnant? That was the entire point of tonight, baby. We want a baby. Many babies, actually," Elliot sighed, as he climbed out of bed.

Olivia watched as he gathered up his clothes and started to pull them back on.

"Elliot, I can take classes, take care of our home, spend time with you and Ava, while being pregnant. I don't care if it takes me four years to become a teacher, as long as I can become something other than a fucking clerk at a grocery store."

///

Elliot slept on the couch that night, and woke up early enough so Ava didn't witness him sleeping on the couch. He took a shower after Olivia did, and then helped her make Ava's breakfast.

"How'd you sleep?" Elliot asked weakly, as Olivia continued to scramble a few eggs.

"I didn't."

"Liv-"

"You were mean to me last night, Elliot. I get that you want more kids, but that doesn't give you the right to be mean to me. You were annoyed with the fact that I wanted to do something else with me life. I get that I'm old, so I shouldn't want to do anything but settle down, but I want to do something more with the new life I have. I received a second chance at happiness the moment Dana, James, and Kevin went to prison. And I don't want to waste that chance," Olivia replied passionately.

Elliot watched his girlfriend as she plated Ava's breakfast and moved to wake up their daughter. He stopped her when he wrapped his arm around her waist.

"I'm sorry, Olivia."

"No-"

"Yes, I really am sorry. I know that I have been an asshole, and I hate when we fight. So please, forgive me. We can start looking into online or in-person classes for you to take and see if maybe you can do a four year program in less time or something," Elliot breathed, before kissing Olivia's neck softly. Olivia tried her hardest to not melt into Elliot's kisses, but he always made her calm down. So now she wasn't nearly as angry with him.

"Thank you."

"Are you angry at me anymore?" Elliot asked, as he stood in front of her and grabbed her hips.

"Not nearly as angry, but stop being a dick to me. I don't appreciate it," Olivia sighed.

"I'll try my hardest to not make you angry. I love you too much."

"Yeah, I love you too."

///

Olivia waited a month to apply to any schools. She wanted to do online classes so then she didn't have to worry about childcare for Ava when she wasn't in school. Olivia got a few calls the first day, and all schools offered the chance to graduate with her degree in social work in eighteen months to two years. They also accepted the credits that Olivia previously had from when she attended college in Utah before she dropped out to become a mother and a postal worker.

"Sorry I'm late tonight," Elliot spoke, as he walked up behind his girlfriend and kissed her messy brown hair.

"It's okay, I have been pretty busy tonight," Olivia admitted. She grabbed Elliot's hand and kissed it before he moved to the fridge.

"What have you been up to?" Elliot asked.

"Well, I have been talking to different universities about a social work degree. And also trying to get in to see my doctor," Olivia replied mindlessly. She was too focused on making a pros and cons list for the three different schools that called her, that she hadn't realized what she had told her partner.

"Doctor? Olivia, are you not feeling well?" Elliot asked, as he sat across from her with a plate of cold pizza.

"Huh?"

"Liv, you said you are trying to get in to see your doctor. What's happening?" Elliot asked worriedly. Ever since he found out what happened to her, Elliot was worried that some unknown injury would arise well after her kidnapping.

"Oh, uh... last month we started trying really hard to have a baby. I have been a little suspicious of some symptoms I have been having," Olivia replied, as if it wasn't a big deal. But this news was a big deal. Elliot's lips curled into a smile, as he reached across the table and grabbed her hand.

"You're pregnant?" He asked, and Olivia nodded slowly, before shrugging.

"Probably. The test looked a little iffy, so I'm going to confirm it tomorrow. But don't worry, I'll inform you once I know what is happening," Olivia smiled.

"You better, Liv... Ava is going to be so excited."

"I hope she will be... I know she's enjoying being an only child, but that may change once we actually tell her."

Elliot ate his dinner as Olivia scrolled through her computer for a few moments. After a little bit, Elliot spoke again.

"What universities are you looking at?" He questioned, which made Olivia's eyes light up. She wanted Elliot to be excited about what she was planning.

"So many, El. So many," Olivia laughed.