Seven

Kevin leaned back and stared at Fin.

"You don't know shit." Kevin smiled, as he crossed his arms across his chest.

"So I guess I must be mistaken then... you weren't the man that kidnapped Olivia from her bedroom, drugged her, and dumped her in Central Park? You weren't the man that called your parents and discussed the fact you couldn't kill her, but still made her pay. Hmm, let me think. Oh! You must almost not be the man that told your parents to get custody of Ava because Olivia would never be back? That you helped her to lose her memory?" Fin spoke. He hadn't even read all of that information out of the file. He had memorized it since it pissed him off so much.

"That bitch is lying." Kevin grumbled.

"That bitch? Her name is Olivia Benson. She is thirty-two and remembers nothing. All of this information we found out through investigating. We have proof, and you are going to rot for what you did."

"I didn't do a thing!" Kevin yelled, before going silent as a voicemail was played through the speakers.

"Hey Mom and Dad. I just dropped Olivia in the park. That bitch was still sleeping when we got there. Thanks for giving her that GHB so I could make it easier. Enjoy Ava. She'll never be taken from you again. Love ya." Kevin's voice spoke. 

Kevin's eyes went wide, and he took a shaky breath. He really regretted leaving that message now. He shouldn't have called his parents to start. Now not only would he be going to jail, but his parents would probably go too.

"So, I guess that wasn't you either?"

///

Two weeks after Ava was put into a protective foster home, she walked out of her bedroom and found her beloved Mama and Elliot sitting in the living room.

"Mama?" Ava asked, as she rubbed her eyes. Olivia turned to look at her daughter and smiled.

"Hey, pumpkin."

"W-what are you doing here?" Ava whispered, as she padded towards the sofa where they sat. She was nervous to touch her mother again, because she didn't know if it would be her last time for a while.

"Gran, Papa, and Kevin are all going to jail for hurting me. So, that means that you get to come home with me and Elliot. I have full custody of you now." Olivia breathed, as she turned to face her daughter. She reached out and caressed her cheeks as Ava cried quietly.

"R-really? Forever?"

"Forever, sweetie." Elliot smiled as he moved to the coffee table and sank down onto the edge.

"Can I call you Daddy now?" Ava sniffled, and Elliot grinned from ear to ear. He had always wanted children, and now he has a little girl that is the spitting image of her mother.

"It would be an honor." Elliot cooed.

Elliot and Olivia gave Ava a hug together, and they stayed in that embrace for several long moments. After a while, they parted and Ava's foster father took the girl to pack her bags.

Olivia looked at the foster mother and smiled.

"Thank you for taking such great care of her over the last few weeks."

"I'm just glad you two have her now. She cried every night because she missed you so much... and she'll be safe in New York."

"What do you mean?" Elliot asked as he wrapped his arm around Olivia's waist.

"Dana, James, and Kevin all tried to call her and talk to her. Once she's there, chances are it won't be that easy to contact her."

///

The family went back to Dana and James's house after picking up Ava. They went through all the rooms and grabbed everything that was Ava's and some things that hadn't been tossed of Olivia's. 

Olivia sat on the front porch after a while since being in that house just seemed scary. It was triggering for her after finding out what had happened.

"Hey, are you okay?" Elliot asked once he came back from putting another bag in their rental car. 

"I can't wait to get home and leave this city for good." Olivia whispered, as she played with the few strings that were hanging from a rip in her jeans.

"I miss our bed, and what we were trying to do before coming back here." Elliot chuckled softly as he sank down beside Olivia. She turned to look at him and smiled weakly.

"Do you still want another kid with me after finding out about all this craziness? After finding Ava?" Olivia whispered, in hopes of her daughter not hearing what she was saying.

"Seeing you with Ava makes me want to have babies with you even more. But if you don't want that, then I'm completely fine just raising your little girl."

"Our little girl. Don't forget, she calls you Daddy." Olivia smiled.

Elliot nodded as he pulled his girlfriend closer.

"I have always dreamed of being a father, and now I have a little girl and her mama is the best woman in the world."

"I'm glad you are still confident in me and everything, because I'm really lacking in that department right now."

The front door opened, and Ava let out a loud sigh as she dropped another garbage bag on the steps.

"These are the last of my stuffed animals, Daddy." Ava spoke. Her parents turned around and smiled at her.

"Good job, pumpkin. I will take these to the car. Is that all of your stuff now?" Elliot asked as he stood.

"Yes, sir! Can we go to New York now?" She asked eagerly.

"In a few days. Until then, let's go to the hotel so Mama and you can nap. Sound good?"

"I'm not sleepy though." Ava sighed.

"You can watch cartoons then."

///

Olivia and Elliot had to stay in town for a few days until the paperwork was filed. Elliot dropped the girls off at the hotel, he went to ship Ava's items back home. When he got back to the hotel, he found Ava snuggled up next to Olivia as she slept. 

Olivia was wide awake and playing with Ava's hair.

"Liv, are you okay?"

"Yeah. I just can't believe how everything is falling into place. I can't believe something like this is actually happening to me... all I can think about is if something bad is going to happen soon."