Chapter 2

The alarm blares, notifying the Glade that a crate was coming up. Several weeks have passed since you came up in that box, and you head over there along with everyone else. You spot Newt, Minho, and Thomas, all with questioning looks. You stand next to them and ask what's wrong. Newt tells you, "The box shouldn't be coming back up already...." Minho looks over at you and you look back, giving a small smile. Over the weeks, you and Minho have gotten closer than before. He would start doing subtle actions, such as moving your hair behind your ears as you are eating, or giving you food from his plate, food that he knows you like. But he also finds ways to annoy the heck out of you. Even then, all of it makes you smile. Thomas and Newt noticed, but they never mention it, yet they are happy that you are getting along with everyone.

Newt and Gally walk forward to lift the crate doors open. Newt hops down into the crate and everyone peers over. "It's a girl," Newt says, looking up at everyone. You look down and see a girl, lying on her side in the middle of the crate, looking as though she is asleep. She has long, wavy brown hair, and defined features. She's beautiful. "What's in her hand," asks Gally. Newt squats down and reaches for the paper in the girl's hand. He unrolls it, reading "She's the last one, ever" as he looks up. Faces turn to each other. "What the hell does that mean," says Newt. All of a sudden, the girl gasps, panting as she says something before falling back into her original state.

You tend to the girl as she lays there, asleep for what seems like hours. Everyone has gone back to doing their tasks, and you to yours as a medjack. Hours pass before the girl wakes up and when she does, you quickly rush out of the hut to get Newt and Alby. "She's awake!" you yell across the field. Back in the hut with Newt and Alby, along with Minho and Thomas, you guys try to talk to the girl. Alby grabs a seat and sits down in front of the bed. "Where am I," asks the new girl, fear laced in her voice. Alby starts to speak, "Don't worry, we won't hurt you. I'm Alby. Now, you probably don't remember your name but that wi–" Alby is cut off by the girl. "Theresa, my name is Theresa." Everyone in the room looks at each other, surprised at the quickness with which she remembers her name. Alby continues to explain the situation and after, you each introduce yourself.

As days pass, you and Theresa become friends. You like her a lot and being the only other girl in the Glade, you are glad you got to be friends. "Y/n, let's go eat," Theresa says, dragging you by the arm. You and Theresa happily walk to the dining area, and as you walk by, you notice all the boys looking at her. She is beautiful. Grabbing a plate of food from Frypan, you and Theresa make your way to your usual table. Minho, Newt, and Thomas are already seated. You take your normal seat next to Minho, and Theresa sits next to Thomas. You guys chatter and eat, and Theresa says something funny that causes everyone to laugh. But when you look at Minho, you were surprised to see a full smile, his eyes upside down crescents and mouth in an open smile, chuckling. You feel sad for a moment because Minho has never laughed like this, at least not on the first day he has met you. But you ignore it.