Chapter 5

Theresa tells everyone about the keys inside the grievers that open certain holes that lead back to the workstation WCKD has set up. After multiple tries, Minho and Thomas manage to kill a griever and retrieve the key, a round silver cylinder with a little square showing a red number 7.

Throughout the days of your recovery, your best friends would come visit you, especially Minho. They would bring you food, talk and laugh with you, and it was as if nothing happened between you guys. Along with everyone in the glade, everything else seemed to have gone back to the way they were before Theresa came, but one thing was different, you guys had an escape plan.

When you finally gained back the energy you had to walk and move, you got out of bed. Clint protested and said you should rest more, but you already rested a lot. You smile and thank him before walking out the door with a little bounce in your steps, causing him to shake his head and smile. You pass by glader after glader, everyone smiling and saying hi to you. You smile back. I'm back. Then you spot Chuck and decide to scare him, but he ends up seeing your shadow so he turns around to laugh and sticks his tongue out as he runs past you. "Welcome back, y/n!" he yells over his shoulder. You then head to the mapping room, where Minho, Newt, and Thomas are probably at. On the way you pass by the slammers. "Y/n, you shouldn't be alive, you should have turned," says Theresa in disbelief. You look at her with a weird questioning look because you truly have no idea what she's talking about. You turn back and continue to the mapping room.

As you are about to knock, the door opens, revealing a Minho standing in the doorway. His eyes widen when he looks down at you and he says, "y/n, what are you doing here?" You spy Thomas and Newt behind him, as though they were all just about to leave. You give Minho a big grin, but he just stares at you with a raised eyebrow. He wraps his arms around your waist and lifts you up, "You should be resting." You protest, "Minho, I'm fineee. I'm tired of resting. Thomas, Newt, tell him please. Look, I'm all better." Thomas laughs and chimes in, "Min, she's fine." Newt adds on, "Yea, she'll be alright. She needs to get some sun anyway." You look down at them behind Minho and mouth thank you to which they give a thumbs up back. You guys are the best. Minho still hasn't put you down so you insisted on a piggy back ride. "I'm only saying yes this one time," he says. He finally puts you down and squats down so you could climb onto his back. You place your hands on his shoulders as you wrap your legs around his waist. His hands grab onto your thighs and you blush. You don't notice, but Minho turns red at the contact. Thomas and Newt have already walked ahead to get their food. "Ready," Minho asks you. You say yes against his shoulder and he carries you to the kitchen. I love you, Minho.