Chapter 10

Your eyes fly open to see Theresa drawing blood from your arm, your arms that are tied down to the stretcher. Janson's voice sounds from next to you and you turn to see him staring out the window and at the burning city. "Do you know what this place is? It's a lifeboat, a sinking one. But that doesn't mean we have to go down with it. How much longer," he turns to Theresa and asks. Theresa turns away from you and goes to the table, saying it's almost done.

Janson turns back to you, "In order to survive, we need your blood. There may not be enough for everyone so there needs to be a decision on who lives. And I intend to live" He takes the syringe from Theresa and lifts his sleeve to reveal a mark surrounded by black veins, a bite mark that of a crank's. As he is about to inject it into his arm, you see Theresa come up behind him and knock the metal tray into his head, knocking him unconscious.

"We don't have much time," Theresa says anxiously as she unties the belt holding down your left arm. Janson gets back up, grabbing Theresa by the hair before throwing her across the room. "Theresa," you yell. Her neck hits and snaps as it hits the corner of the table. I'm sorry Theresa. Janson turns back to you and starts to walk. You quickly untie yourself and grab the syringe that was dropped on the ground under the chair. And you run.

You hear his footsteps behind you rapidly catching up. Janson runs after you and tackles you through the glass wall of another lab. You both fall through, the glass shards cutting into you. Your vision focuses after a few seconds, but you spot the cure laying right in front of you so you grab it, pushing yourself up before starting into a run. You hear the crunching of glass, notifying you that Janson has recovered, just before the sound of a gun loading.

You run through hallway after hallway before crashing into a solid body, that of Minho's. He grabs your soldiers, making you look at him, and he sighs seeing that it's you. You guys don't stop long before you hear Janson's heavy footsteps coming around the other end of the hallway. He comes into view with his gun raised and aimed at the two of you. He shoots, but Minho covers you with his arm and pulls you into the room on the left.

Minho lets go of you and stand next to the lab bench, leaning against it with his back facing you. "Minho," you say and you walk and reach your hand forward. He turns around, revealing a bloodied shoulder where Janson's bullet must have hit him. "I'm fine, it's nothing," he winces.

You guys hide behind the tables with all their equipment, just as Janson walks in. He has his gun pointed but struggles to find you guys as the room is dimly lit. Minho gets into a squatting position, perpendicular to Janson. What's he doing? As Janson stares further into the room, Minho runs out and knees him into the wall, knocking out his breath. The gun falls from his hands and slides across the ground before coming to a stop. You watch it but when you look back up, you see Janson grab Minho and throw him to the ground, his body hitting hard. But Minho gets back up slowly on all fours, before quickly turning around and punching Janson across the face.

Taking this opportunity, you come out of hiding and pick up a glass shard from earlier. You run at Janson, screaming your frustration before plunging the glass right into his stomach. He looks at you shocked, before he falls back against the wall, his hand hovering near the shard.

You get one last angry look at Janson before Minho grabs your arm, pulling you out of the room. You guys run towards the stairway and up the stairs to the station where Frypan and the others await.

Thomas, Newt, and Gally had arrived at the station earlier, thinking the two of you would already be there. But you weren't. They insisted on going back for you guys but Newt said not to. "It's better to wait. They'll be here, I know it," he says.

But when you and Minho get to the station, no one is there. "They couldn't have left, right," you ask quietly, more to yourself than to Minho. "Let's just wait a little longer," Minho says. The building starts to shake and you know, the building is not going to last much longer. Just then a loud whirring sound hits your ear and through the smoke, you see the plane with the hatch open and revealing your friends. "They're here," you say.

Gally attaches a hook to his belt that is further attached to a rope tied to the plane interior, in case he were to fall. He lays on the ground and reaches out his hand, "grab on!" Frypan lays down as well to support. "You first princess," Minho says as he carries you upwards for you to take Gally and Frypan's hands. They pull you up onto the floor of the plan. Suddenly, there's a loud boom behind Minho, and you see the cement starting to crack and break. "Minho, run!" Minho sprints and jumps, grabbing onto Gally and Frypan, just before everything under him collapses. He groans against the pain as he is being pulled up onto the plane.

"Let's go," Thomas yells to the pilot of the plane. Minho sits down and leans against the wall and you sit next to him, gripping his hand. It's over. And we're all okay. The hatch closes with a hiss and everyone buckles up for the ride. Thomas and Newt come to sit with you guys, asking what happened, and you tell them everything from when you guys separated to now.

Sometime during the ride, Minho's head falls onto your shoulder and you turn to notice his shirt soaked with blood. "Minho," you whisper. You shake his shoulder but he doesn't respond. You turn to Newt and Thomas but they are already calling for Brenda and stopping the blood from seeping out. You move aside as you see a girl with short dark hair walking over carrying a small medical kit. You watch worriedly as she tends to the unconscious Minho. Please be okay. Please be okay.

Before long, Minho is all patched up and laying on the ground, a blanket covering the lower half of his body. You sit near him and can't stop staring, fearing that he might never wake up. Brenda, the girl who tended to Minho noticed your hand and helped clean up the wound. The two of you start talking and it feels nice to bond with another girl.

You ended up falling asleep, laying your head on top of a box and a blanket wrapped around your shoulders. The shaking as the plane lands wakes you up, and you rub the sleep from your eyes. "Mm," you moan as you stretch. "Morning sunshine," Newt says next to you. "Where are we," you ask groggily. "Somewhere safe and away from everything," Thomas says. The hatch opens, revealing a bright and beautiful sandy beach with the rushing waves of the ocean.

If only Minho could see this right now.