Chapter 7

You wake up, your eyes taking time to adjust to the light on the ceiling. You are lying on a mattress, soft yet you could still feel the springs within. "Y/n, you're awake," Chuck says as he stands over you. You sit up and look down to see you are still wearing the same clothes, and so is everyone else. Thomas is banging on the door, demanding someone to come and open the door. Newt is sitting on the bed across the room from you, elbows resting on his knees and hands held together as he leans his chin on them. Frypan is laying on the top bunk of where Newt is sitting, with one leg thrown over the other, throwing a ball-like object up and then catching it before throwing it again.

And then there's Minho, standing against the pole of your bunk bed, his arms crossed and staring at the wall across from him. Hearing Chuck say your name, everyone looks at you and sighs with relief, knowing you are okay.

"Where are we," you ask. Chuck shrugs and says, "Probably WCKD's secret lair." Frypan chimes in while leaning over the railing of the top bunk, "Chuck, you know there's no such thing." Chuck shrugs him off. Suddenly, you feel a hand shift through your hair, moving it from front to back, and you look over to see Minho as he stares hard at your neck. You give him a weird look before he asks, "You feeling alright?" You nod.

Thomas turns back from the door and says, "We need to get out of here, who knows what those shuck faces will do to us." You all take a moment and think, but no ideas pop up because based on what all of you guys have seen so far, you are locked in with no way out of this room.

Minutes later, the door clanks open causing Thomas to whisk around. Janson and two guards come forward, causing Thomas to back away from the door and closer to everyone else. With his annoying smile, Janson talks. "Let's do the introductions again, my name is Janson, and welcome to WCKD. Now, we aren't here to hurt you so please, no need to be so hostile." Minho turns to glare at him, "Why shouldn't we be after what you did to us?" Janson just smiles and continues, "Now follow me. Don't worry, we just need to get you guys cleaned up and tested." He turns around followed by one of the guards while the other stays behind until everyone follows Janson out the door. They then follow close, hand holding the gun.

The six of you are led down the white hallways and stop right before a door. Right next to the door are carts with towels and what looks to be new sets of clothes, just enough for your group. "Now get yourselves cleaned up and get rid of that...smell," says Janson, swatting the air in front of his nose. "And don't think about doing anything funny," he says before turning and disappearing down the hallway.

You all head in, hands holding a towel and a set of clothes, eager to take a proper shower after what feels like an eternity without one. Inside, there are stalls lined side by side against the wall, all with doors thankfully. The boys all go into a stall and you decide to take the one farthest from them, just because.

You turn on and warm water comes rushing down the shower head, hitting your body and sliding down the curve of your body. This is nice. You wash away all the dirt and blood from your whole body. From a couple of stalls down, you can hear the others talking. "WCKD can go suck it but damn does this feel nice," sings Frypan. You hear Newt and Chuck laugh, and you smile.

Finished with your shower, you wipe yourself dry before putting on the set of clothes you were given. It was a plain black shirt and pants, all a bit loose on you given your stature. You head out at the same time Minho does, but you don't notice him. Minho stares at you, wearing oversized clothes, your skin shining, and your hair swept to one side. Newt comes out just in time to see Minho staring. He bumps Minho's shoulder with his own and teases, "You're staring." Minho quickly looks away and denies it, "I'm not."

Once everyone is out, the guards lead you all to the dining area where you are given a plate of food. You guys eat but don't feel quite comfortable talking, seeing as the guards are staying at each end of the table, watching as you guys eat. As you are eating, you steal glances at Minho sitting in front of you. His messy wet hair, his clear skin, and his muscles which you find are showing more with the shirt he's wearing. You quickly look away before he catches you. Y/n, stop staring. What if he sees you staring, how are you going to explain that?? You shake your head and continue eating. Minho catches you as you shake your head and raises an eyebrow, confused.

Finished with the food, you are brought back to the rooms, the doors locking you guys in. You all go to rest in your bed and talk with each other, trying to lighten the mood. It worked. You don't know what time it is, but hours after your meal, Janson comes back, this time with a doctor in tow. He brings all of you out and into the medical wing where you are each put at a station to get tested. Every day, it would repeat similar to the first day. Wake up, eat, rest, shower, rest, test, and then sleep. But when it came to testing, WCKD started with the group, then in pairs, and then individually over the next few days.

But one day, something changes. "Minho should be back by now," you say worriedly. "Maybe they are just doing some extra testing. I'm sure he is fine, he's a tough one," Newt says in hopes of comforting you and everyone else. But you all know something is not right. Days pass, yet no word from Minho, or even Janson himself.

Somewhere out there, Minho is put through the programmed trials by WCKD to extract his blood. Minho wakes back up in the Glade, and when he sees Alby, Chuck, and Winston, he calls out to them and they turn. But then comes a little boy running in front of him and into the hut. "Wait," Minho says as he runs after the little boy. He runs into the hut and then everything changes. He is now in a dark hallway, lights flickering. Suddenly, the sound of a griever reaches his ears and he turns just in time to see a griever running straight at him. Minho turns and runs as fast as he can, but he is then telekinetically pulled up to the ceiling just as the griever nears him. Minho struggles but it's no use. He can't move.

Minho yells, eyes opened and staring straight outwards as he pants. His heart races and blood flows through the tube connected to his neck. As the simulation comes to a stop, Minho starts to calm and his breathing returns to normal before his eyes roll upwards. "Good, that was very good. Now run it again," says one of the researchers. And it starts again, Minho's eyes jolting open and mouth producing a scream.

Back in the room, you lay on your bed, staring at the bottom of the top bunk. I hope Minho is okay.