16

Word Count: 1904

~Kiva

I gape at Caspian, unable to will my trembling legs into standing position to come greet him.

Ark has throughly ruined my composure.

"Ah, the Prince." Ark sweeps into a bow, which is obviously mocking, only adding to the tension in Caspian's shoulders.

It's late. Very late, and Caspian has come to my room...

"Guard. What are you doing in Kiva's room?" He questions coldly, looking at me in my almost sheer night clothes.

"A final sweep for the night," Ark reports. His procedural tone relieves some fear in me. Caspian cannot fault me for having my guard check my room in times like these.

But I can't shake the thought of what he interrupted...

What would have happened had he not? Would Ark have kissed me, or done more? Would I want him to?

"She is perfectly safe here-"

I stand swiftly, brushing past Ark. "Caspian! Whats with the late night visit?"

His intentions for coming here at this hour cannot be entirely innocent. Ark knows it, it's why he seems rooted to his spot, not having excused himself the moment the Prince deigned to arrive.

"I thought we could talk about that night, when I visited..." He rubs the back of his neck.

Ah yes. The night I tried to fuck him.

"Certainly." I clasp my hands together, even if I'm not sure I want to have this conversation with Caspian. "Ark...You can leave now."

Ark stares at me, darkness flickering in his eyes. That primal sort of protectiveness arising from his lack of trust in Caspian.

"Actually guard, why don't you stay. I have a question for you," Caspian says.

Slowly, Ark turns his attention to the Prince, not saying a word.

I push at my guards shoulders, trying to usher him out the door so he can't witness my poor excuse to get Caspian away next. "Ark needs to go and guard me. From outside."

"What's the question, your majesty?" Ark says sardonically.

He feels like a statute carved from marble. No matter how much I push at him, he doesn't move.

Caspian folds his arms over his chest. "You look like a man who has sex, right?"

My mouth dries.

Ark blinks, momentarily confused. I feel as though I've been spun into another world entirely. I didn't even known Caspian was capable to saying the word, let alone confronting Ark about it.

"Caspian..."

The Prince looks down at me. "No, seriously. He looks like he's had his way with a fair share of women."

I stare back at him, bewildered. Am I supposed to know the answer to that? Am I supposed to have insight into Ark's private affairs?

"What's your point, sir?" Ark questions tiredly.

"Well, I'd like some advice." Caspian's tone suggests amusement, however his eyes convey another story. "I've been so sheltered, I wouldn't know the first thing about pleasing a woman."

My stomach sinks. Ark glances at me, and then back at the Prince.

"And?"

"It's no secret that Kiva and I may be married one day soon. I have no plans to sleep with another woman, so what is to say I can satisfy her?"