58

Word Count: 1998

~Kiva

I face the building, my stomach churning uneasily.

This is it. As long as everything goes to plan, my father is going to be dead, and I feel no sadness for that thought.

Problem is, I'm an intricate part of this plan, and there is a good chance I'm walking into my own death.

I look through the tree's, knowing the rebellion members are close and Ark will have his eye on me for as long as he possibly could. He was reluctant to let me do this, but he knows this is the best way to ensure everything goes smoothly.

Summoning a breath, I march toward the building, immediately catching the attention of the guards.

Father seems to have brought his entire company with him. This is the last time he plans to come here, and he probably knows something may arise before he can make a break for it.

They raise their guns at me, even when they realise it's their Princess they are threatening.

"I just want to see my father," I reason, holding my hands up.

The plan is to have me lure him into his main meeting room so the rebellion members can deal with the guards.

One of the guards nods for me to follow him while the others keep their guns pointed right at me. I keep my hands up as I'm guided through the front door and into the main entrance.

Father emerges from the meeting room, speaking to someone. His speech cuts off immediately upon laying eyes on me.

I hope my appearance unsettles him.

I woke this morning to see the major swelling had gone down around my eye, although a dark bruise had taken its place. I cleaned up all the dried blood down my neck, although the ache from the wound is very much present, reminding me of why I'm doing this.

"Father," I greet flatly.

He clears his throat, clearly taken aback. "Kiva. You've returned."

"I want to talk to you," I tell him, looking at each of his guards who still hold their guns up threateningly. I swallow tightly, knowing this is a risk. "Please."

"Lower your guns," he orders. "If she came here willingly, she does not need to be apprehended."

They oblige him, although they remain close, not taking their eyes off me. I try to ignore them, not caring if they think I'm a threat to my father. They are completely right about that.

"Thank you," I breathe.

Until I get into that meeting room, I'm trying to come off unthreatening and passive. He needs to think I'm here for a civil conversation, and not to lure him into his death.

"This doesn't mean I trust you. I assume your lover is planning on killing me," he muses, nodding at the man he came out of the meeting with. The man ducks from the building.

I imagine he has something to do with the business. I hope the rebels take care of him.

"Can we sit down somewhere? My head is killing me."

His jaw tightens, but he nods, gesturing into the meeting room.

I amble my way in, trying not to appear too eager. He may not trust me, but he underestimates me. He doesn't think I'm capable of contributing to his death, but he greatly misunderstands my deep burning hatred for him.

"Ark won't have to kill you if you admit what you did to the public," I tell him once the door is closed and we are sitting down.

One of his guards is standing near the door, watching me. He may complicate things, but I'm sure Ark will have it covered.