25

WARNING!
I've been asked by a company I work for to change the name of this story to adapt better to their app. I've only ever done this once or twice and I would prefer not to, but that's okay! I've done my best to make a fitting cover and title anyways.

I'll be officially changing the title and cover by chapter 27 to reduce as much confusion as possible.

I apologies about this! Thank you for understanding (:

Word Count: 2144

~Kiva

I stare down at my notes, unable to concentrate.

Father never wanted me to study beyond what he thought was appropriate, but I enjoy it. Learning allows me to imagine a world beyond all this.

Faint whispers have me glancing over my shoulder.

Three girls stand amongst the shelves of the small library, giggling between themselves. Maids, by the looks of their uniforms, and they don't know I am here.

"There's a lot around here you're going to have to learn," one of them with vibrant blonde curls whispers, cheeks flushed bright pink as she leans her head close to her brunette friend.

"Like what?"

"Like which guys to go for." She says it like it's obvious, like it's written by the Angel's.

I shouldn't even be listening. What business do I have listening to girls get excited over their crushes?

"I kind of like the Princesses personal guard," the brunette one admits sheepishly.

The blonde one startles. "No...no, you can't touch Ark."

"Why not?" The other complains.

"He's Ara's favourite. She will be upset if she finds out you've been crushing on him also," the blonde exclaims, motioning to the dark haired girl next to her, who nods.

I straighten, leaning over slightly to listen in.

Ark is attractive. I'm not blind, I'm very aware of that. So of course some staff want to him, and may go as far as asking to be with him.

Has he ever entertained their advances? He takes his job seriously, but perhaps in his free time he has taken one or two to bed...

My stomach twists into a painful knot.

I shouldn't, but sometimes I like his attention. I'm so cut off from everyone else, I forget he doesn't belong to me, that he is by my side for work, nothing else.

I'm probably not even who he would choose to be with, if I were even an option. Each time I've tried to seduce him, he's turned me down. Maybe it's not due to his job, but because I'm a pretentious, spoilt Princess who he can't stand.