Chapter 2 - The Gifts

"Talking"
"Whispering"
'Thinking'
Timeskip/Meanwhile

(A.N.)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It had been a few months after meeting Naruko and the incident with Sasuki. Y/N had been hanging out with Naruko almost everyday since then. He had also been hanging out/training with Sasuki almost everyday since then. He had become quite good friends with both of them. He had only started training with Sasuki after being severely scolded by his Mother for showing his talents to a complete stranger. Because he had become good friends with both of them, he also celebrated their birthday with them. 

Flashback

It was July 23, also known as Sasuki's Birthday, and Y/N had been invited to her house to celebrate. When Y/N walked in the door, he was greeted by Mikoto and it wasn't quite the welcoming he expected.

Mikoto: "You must be the boy I keep hearing about. Y/N, right?"

Y/N: "Yes." 

Sasuki: "Mum!"

Mikoto: "Is it really true that you can preform jutsu?" 

Y/N: "Why yes, it is." 

Y/N then made a few hand signs and when he had finished, his hands caught of fire. This was his own jutsu, Fire Style: Hand of Flame Jutsu. This shocked Mikoto and Itami (Fem Itachi), who had just walked in the room and saw the jutsu. 

Itami: 'What the hell?!'

Y/N quickly dispelled the jutsu before anything caught on fire, or he was burned. Both were frozen in shock but Itami quickly came to and snapped her Mother out of it. Just then, Fugako (Fem Fugaku) walked in and was confused at the scene infront of her. Sasuki then quickly explained.

Itami: "You are a guy aren't you?"

Y/N: "Last I checked, yeah."

Itami: "Hn"  

The rest of the party was uneventful, that was until Sasuki opened her present from Y/N, which was a necklace with a small Ruby on it.

Sasuki was overjoyed with this present, due to rubies being her favourite gem, the fact that she had always wanted a necklace and, not that she would ever tell anyone, she had developed a small crush on Y/N

Sasuki was overjoyed with this present, due to rubies being her favourite gem, the fact that she had always wanted a necklace and, not that she would ever tell anyone, she had developed a small crush on Y/N. She was so happy with the present, that she hugged him, something she had never done to him before. This of course suprised Y/N, but after a few seconds, he hugged her back. They stayed there for about a minute, until Sasuki remembered that her family was still there, so she went back to opening presents. None however, were as good as the necklace, in her opinion.

After the party was finished, Y/N went back home, where he was again scolded by his Mother for showing off his powers.

End of Flashback

A short while after this, Y/N and Sasuki started at the academy and were in the same class as each other, along with Naruko. Speaking of Naruko...

Flashback

It was October 10, the day of the Kyuubi attack, Naruko's birthday and the day Y/N's Father died. Y/N had somehow found out that today was Naruko's birthday and was currently searching the village trying to find her. He eventually found her sitting on the swing just outside of the academy, looking very sad. Y/N then silently walked over to her.

Y/N: "Hey Naruko." 

Naruko: "Ahh!" she exclaimed out of fright and shock. "Oh it's you. Hi Y/N." 

Y/N: "Hi. You alright?" 

Naruko: "Yeah, I'm fine." 

Y/N: "The look on your face says otherwise." 

Naruko: "It's just... Today's my birthday and it's also the day of the Kyuubi attack, which my parents were killed in. So I never got to know them. And for some reason everybody treats me like I don't belong here or that I am some kind of disease. So I've never really had anyone to talk to before now. Cause now I have you. But you probably don't want to talk about that." 

Y/N: "You'd be surprised. My Dad died in Kyuubi attack as well. And my Mum doesn't like to talk about him because she gets to upset, so I don't know much about him. I only have this picture." 

Y/N then pulls out a picture of a man that looks a lot like him, only if he was older. The only other difference was the man's H/C hair had slight red streaks in it unlike Y/N's.

Naruko: "I don't even know what they look like, or even their names."

Naruko then started to cry, and to comfort her, Y/N brought her in for a hug, so that she could cry into his shoulder. A few tears fell from Y/N's face as well. They stayed like that for a few minutes, undisturbed. After Naruko had stopped crying, Y/N had an idea.

Y/N: "Here maybe this will cheer you up." he said, handing her a present.

Inside was a necklace of a very similar design to Sasuki's, just instead of a ruby, it was opal.

After it was revealed what the present was, Naruko starting crying again, but out of happiness rather than saddness

After it was revealed what the present was, Naruko starting crying again, but out of happiness rather than saddness. She then hugged Y/N again, only this time it was tighter and more affectionate and she was repeatedly thanking him over and over again.

Due to all the emotions that he was feeling, Y/N unlocked the second tomoe of his sharingan. He only saw it because of the reflection in the glass of the building. Luckily, Naruko didn't see it because her face was buried in his neck. After this, Y/N and Naruko went back home, both being very happy and Naruko with her gift. She was extremely pleased with it because she too had developed a small crush on Y/N.

End of Flashback

Y/N smiled fondly at the memories of Sasuki's and Naruko's respective birthday's. His thoughts were then interupted by his Mother shouting from downstairs.

M/N: "Y/N! You're gonna be late!"

Y/N: "Oh shoot!"

Y/N then quickly got ready, put some clothes on, ate breakfast and ran to the academy.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------