Chapter 9

After Peter had been arrested Valentina stormed out of the squad room with Carisi and Nick following along after her. As they came outside the precinct they had lost sight of her. 

"Where is she?" Nick asked looking worried at Carisi. 

"I don't know but this is bad. She didn't want to press charges against him from the very beginning. Go inside and update the others. Im gonna call Barba" Carisi said as Nick nodded his head and went back inside while Carisi went off to find Valentina

At Rikers Island

When she arrived she asked the guard to see Peter and flashed them her badge as she got led into a separate room while they went off to find Peter as she short time after Brought him into the room. 

"Peter, I'm so sorry. I told them from the very beginning that I didn't want to press charges against you, but Nick wants to" Valentina said now feeling sorry for the position she had put him in. 

"So after you went and told me I would be a dead man if he knew you went home and told him that I raped you when you were 15?" Peter asked getting hot headed over this. 

"I didn't tell him that you raped me. I just told him what happened back then. That you left me pregnant with your child because you couldn't risk your career. That's all" Valentina said as Peter slammed his hand down on the table which made Valentina flinch. 

"I knew back then that it was risky to get involved with you because thar your brother is a detective in the intelligence unit, so decided to cut it off because we got too deep in and because I was committing a crime, by sleeping with you while you were under age" Peter said raising his voice now as he started walking back and forth in the room. 

"That sounds more like a you problem. If you knew I was under age then did you sleep with me in the first place?" Valentina asked now standing up as well keeping a far distance to him. 

"Because you said you wanted it, you kept telling me how you had been treated like shit your whole life and that you just wanted someone to take care of you. We were in love back then Valentina" Peter yelled at her walking closer to her. 

"Stay away from me! I didn't want any of this to happen. I just want to forget what happened back then. This was a mistake I should never have come here" Valentina said walking out of there even more frustrated than before if that's even possible. 

She walks back to the precinct as she doesn't want to go home. When she walks in she sits down at her desk and looks down at her desk as she slowly starts breaking down crying silently to herself when she hears the familiar voice of two people closest to her. 

She looks up and see Carisi walks in with Barba both of them walking in a steady tempo over to the desk as Barba immediately hugs her and she breaks down even more.

"I'm so sorry Valentina" He said hugging her tight kissing the top of her head as she hugs him as tight as she can. 

"He didn't do anything wrong. I didn't want a case or a trial to be" Valentina said crying into Barba as he just continued to calm her down. 

"If you hadn't pressed charges none of this would have happened" Valentina said hitting Nick lightly as she put her face in her arms. 

"I'll do everything I can to get him out, okay? And if you don't want a trial there won't be one" Barba said as Valentina nodded her head and hugged him again. 

"Thank you"