chapter 11✨

San Francisco~

A self-storage facility with a sign saying "U-STORE It, SELF STORAGE", with its interior filled with stored stuff and junk, there was Luis' van from "Ant-Man and the Wasp", behind a metallic fence with a label named "LANG". A rat crawls over the van's rear windshield and accidentally activates the controls for opening the Quantum Realm, haphazardly activating the Quantum Tunnel. The rear door of van busts open, flinging Scott outside the van.

He grunts as he pushes away a cushion out of his body, and deactivates the helmet, he was still grunting in pain, as he sweeps away sparks from an electrical failure out of his suit, then try to stand up. "What the hell?"

He manages to stand up, as another electrical failure sparks out of his gauntlets, and he looks around confused.

"Hope? Hank?"

Inside the security office, a security guard was reading a book as he looks upon his security screen, seeing something going on in one of the storage facilities. And then he saw, Lang in his casual clothing, shouting, waving a sign with the word "HELP" written on it.

-------------

Outside the facility, Scott pulls out a cart with some his belongings things and looked back seeing the guard giving a stern look from far. He walks around until reaching his hometown, finding a post filled with MISSING posters, abandoned houses, a wrecked car, nothing but desolation. He saw a kid in a bycycle passing by.

"Kid! Hey kid!" he shouted, hoping he would find out what happened here. The kid stops his bycycle as he stares back at Scott in a serious look.

"What the hell happened here?" He asked confused.

The kid still stares at him and is almost about to tear up, but immediately turns away from him and move on. Lang still was confused from what was going on, as he arrives in somewhat a memorial called "THE VANISHED", with all the names of the people who became victims of the Decimation. As Lang arrives on one of the engraved stones, he immediately drops the handle in shock.

"No. Please. Please, please." He moves on to check the other side of the engraved stone, still searching. "No, no, no. No." He excused aside a young couple as he keeps on checking another engraved stone if his daughter's name is on this one. "Excuse me, sorry. No, Cassie, no"

Lang keep switching and checking the rest of engraved stones if her daughter's name was in one.

Please, please, please, please... No, Cassie. He starts chanting the same word like a mantra. He stopped, looking at the stone in shock, there was his name engraved in it.

"What?!" 

-------------

Scott stopped in front of his house. He rang his house doorbell, knocked on the door, he tried to open the door, but found the door closed. A feminine figure appear out of the hallway inside. as the figure gets closer, there was a woman standing in a purple sweater, with her hand pushing towards the glass door's window, her face filled with amazement, as she unlocked the door. It was Lang's daughter, Cassie. Who is now a grown-up teen since the last five years.

Cassie, who has not seen her father for the last five years, starts crying when she sees him. Lang also does the same.

"Cassie?"

"Dad?" The two emotionally embrace each other, as both father and daughter are reunited. Lang then slightly pushes her back, realizing that her daughter is now a full grown teenager.

"You're so big!"

And once again they hug each other.

-------------