Chapter 12 ✨

"Umm, who is that?” Peter said, eyes still trained on the stranger.

“Time travel!” Bruce yelled. Harley, Steve, and Peter all looked at his eyes wide. “What?” he asked. “I count this as a win.”

“Ok, I’m going to check Morgan.” said Peter closing his laptop. “Someone come and bring me when, when they all calm down." He looked over his shoulder at them, yelling at Clint. And that stanger, completely lost.

Harley nodded, kissing his cheek, “Want me to come with you?”

Peter shook his head, “Nah, I’m okay, you handle,” he waved his hand in the direction of Bruce, who was telling them what Clint did, would be no disturbance in their universe, “that.”

****

"Five years ago, we lost—all of us. We lost friends... We lost family... We lost a part of ourselves. Today, we have a chance to take it all back. You know your teams. You know your missions. Get the stones, get them back. One round trip each. No mistakes. No do-overs. Most of us are going somewhere we know, but it doesn’t mean we should know what to expect. Be careful. Look out for each other. This is the fight of our lives. And we’re going to win.” Steve glances at Peter. “Whatever it takes. Good luck.”

Peter glanced around. Harley, Clint, Steve, and Scott were headed to New York. Thor and Rocket were going to Asgard. Rhodey and Nebula were going to Morag. And he and Natasha were going to Vormir. Bucky and Pietro were staying.

Peter took a deep breath…1…2…3…. and they were gone

****

“Wow,” Peter whispered as they approached the planet. “Space didn’t look like this last time.”

“What did it look like?” Natasha had whispered back.

Empty."

Both of them started wandering to find the stone. They were at the top of hill, when they heard a voice.

“Natasha, daughter of Ivan. Peter, son of Mary,” a voice echoed.

"Who's there?” she had yelled.

“Considered me your guide, to you and to all who see the Soul Stone,” the voice had called.

“Oh good,” she had called out, “You tell us where it is, and then we’ll be on our way.”

“If only it were that easy….”

Then they were at the edge of the mountain, a soul for a soul, the guide had said, an everlasting exchange.

"That's completely bullshit. Right Nat?" Peter asked. Both standing away from Red Skull.

“I don’t think so,” she whispered.

“Why?” Peter laughed, “because he knew your daddy’s name?”