ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 10

"Haha! Now you get to treat me wine!"
Venti said loudly putting both of hands at his hips because of his victory.

"No way you already know I'm broke Venti! Where am I supposed to get enough money?!" You say in retort to his sentence for buying him wine, even though you said that you knew it was a lie. You have enough mora to live and even afford things that you wanted, heck even buying a new computer and phone but if you we're to buy your friend's wanted 'wine', you would go broke at the amounts he would want to drink.

"You lost and that's all that matters~ Where you're getting the money from is your problem~" looking at you with a grinning face,

"Ugh, Can we just pretend I never made that bet?" you look at him with your eyes pleading to not make you buy him wine.

"Nope! No take backsies!~" he said while chanting wine around getting a few weird looks from people.

"Oya? Seems like someone's getting a reward~" Hu Tao walking over to you and Venti holding a bunch of small stuff toys.

"Seriously Y/n? Haven't you learned from past mistakes?" right behind her was Lumine with Aether carrying two look a like stuff toys-possibly for both him and his twin to own.

"Well- I thought it'll be different this time!" you say to defend yourself

"You thought wrong then" Lumine crossing her arms and squinting her eyes at you

"Ugh-" knowing that there's no way you can defend yourself now. It's true that you've lost a tons of bets with Venti before which resulted in embarrassing moments for you. Everytime you lose the bet he would make you do unimaginable stuff such as; jokily confess to your roommate, Ningguang, as well as other people like Albedo, Kazuha and Keqing, calling Ayato and Ayaka repeatedly at 3 am until they tell you to stop and sleep, hold up a sign in public saying 'Can you slap me?' and ofcourse if he's feeling nice just buying him wine.

At this point it's surprising that Venti didn't make you do something embarrassing that includes Xiao, perhaps he's saving you the embarrassment infront of him knowing you like Xiao-romantically, when there's already alot of embarrassing moments you had infront of Xiao as kids that Venti didn't need to know.

While Hu Tao was laughing at you for losing yet again even agreeing 'again', Aether was scanning to find a certain dark teal-haired boy.

"Y/n?" hearing him call your name you stop glaring at Hu Tao to pay attention to Aether,

"Hm?" you raise your eyebrow as he continues to look around then finally settling back to look at you

"Where's Xiao?" he asks you as Hu Tao stopped laughing to also look around seeing no signs of the boy

"Weird...He's not with you?" Lumine questions knowing well that he doesn't leave your side when outside even with friends. You look down with a frown remembering where you left him with making your friends look at each other.

"He's uhh- having fun with someone!" you hesitantly said while smiling careful to not say who as to not make them suspicious, even though they know you like him they didn't know that Xiao liked someone else and that was one of your friends, he also specifically said not to tell others as they'll pester and tease him about it.

They looked at you then each other then back at you,

"With who?" they all simultaneously said with raised eyebrows which made you surprised.

"With deez nuts, anyway let's go over there Venti! I challenge you! This time I won't lose!!" immediately grabbing Venti's arm dragging him to a random game as you wanted to get out of there to avoid they're questions to not reveal something about Xiao, you silently cursed yourself for using that as an excuse and ran away.

The rest of your friends deadpanned at you and Venti's disappearing figure not pleased with what words came out of your mouth, you thought that would remove there suspicions but little do you know that it definitely rose more especially with you wanting to avoid it.

"Hm? Kinda suspicious but whatever" Hu Tao says while running to catch up to you both leaving Lumine and Aether.

Lumine put her hand on her chin seemingly questioning your behaviour, Aether seeing his twin in deep thought couldn't help but,

"Y/n knows something don't they?" Aether says earning a glance from his twin while he looked where you three went.

Lumine after a while nodded at his sentence,

"They do, and it seems like it's got something to do with both them and Xiao.." removing her hands from her chin to stand up properly

"And it's also got something to do with their feelings towards him..." she continues to say as Aether looks at her.

"I just hope they won't do anything stupid" he sighs walking towards where the three of you went, not hearing Lumine mumble these words,

"I'm sure they've already been doing something stupid"

×―×―×―×―×―×

A/N;
I'm slowly dying out of being heartbroken by this fic even though the worst parts aren't out yet </3

I can't believe this whole chapter was 800+ words but I feel as if it's too short 🧍‍♀️
Uhh anyways more heartbreak next chapter??

×―×―×―×―×―×