ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 50

"Uh huh...okay, check, check....Wait I feel like I'm missing something..."

You put your hand under your chin in thought as your dorm mate watched you from the kitchen counter.

After packing the stuff you needed, you immediately went to the living room to double-check everything. You didn't want to leave anything important or needed so thought that it's better to make sure.

"How many times have you checked your things already Y/n?" Ningguang geniounely asks, leaning her head on her palm while keeping her eyes on you.

She stayed sat on the chair at the kitchen table with a cup on her right side, which seemed to be empty already, and her phone at her left.

You nod and mumble incoherent sounds, completely in your own thoughts.

"If they would've listened to me a week ago then maybe they wouldn't have to be struggling right now." a rough raspy voice answers her instead.

Ningguang's ruby—red eyes shift from your figure to the male who was leaning on the wall with his arms crossed.

Why was he there instead of sitting on the unoccupied sofa like a normal person would?

He said that he didn't 'feel' like it to sit down on a comfortable sofa and insisted to stand up leaning on a wall, watching you double-check your things.

After he watched you struggle preparing your things with a distraught expression on your face, he offered to help you, reasoning that it may be faster. But you refused saying that this was your own suffering and that you must suffer the consequences, alone.

With that, he didn't press on further. Seeing your determined face as you said that, he didn't know if you liked making yourself suffer or you're just putting up a front.

"You are aware they don't listen unless they want to." she says to him. "Even if... you're their boyfriend."

Xiao grumbles, somewhat embarrassed, "...Not that term again."

Hearing that made him remember what had happened this past week.

Almost everyone in the whole school found out you two were dating already. No one exactly knew who spread it that fast but you and Xiao had your suspicions. It was either Venti or Hu Tao, and no in between.

It wasn't that bad at first but it soon became intolerable when random people that both of you doesn't even know coming up and asking random questions like, "Oooh, inside scoop! How did you guys get together?" or "Are you guys going on a date yet? When? And where?"

Let's just say you and Xiao would've gone crazy with the amounts of people questioning you two if it weren't for Childe and Scaramouche(surprisingly) having to step in here and then.

Ningguang's eyebrow rose teasingly, "Hm? You don't like being referred to as their 'boyfriend'?"

She covers her mouth as a small chuckle escaped her, "Might I remind you that boys and girls are fawning over wanting to be with them at this very moment and could easily be swept away by any of them."

Sharp amber eyes narrowed at her statement.

"What's with that look? You don't believe me?" she poked at him as a small smirk formed on her lips.