four. bunch of nerds

chapter four,the sauna test

chapter four,
the sauna test

・ 。゚☆ "what do you think is in there?" dustin asked, as the group sat around the table in the backroom, discussing the possible contents of the warehouse attached the the mall that robin had located. "guns, bombs?"

"chemical weapons?" robin suggested.

"whatever it is, they're armed to the teeth."

"great," steve mumbled sarcastically. "that's great."

"well, i guess we found your russians." lola told dustin, leaning back in her chair.

"the keycard opens the door, but unfortunately, the russian with the keycard also has a massive gun. so whatever's in that room, whatever's in those boxes, they really don't want anybody finding it."

"but there's gotta be a way in, right?"

"well, you know..." steve began, shrugging nonchalantly. "i could just take him out."

"take who out?"

"the russian guard."

"you're gonna take the russian guard out to dinner?" lola grinned with furrowed eyebrows. "look, you're a pretty boy harrington, but i don't exactly think you're his type."

robin and dustin chuckled, and steve shushed them. "no! i'll fight him. knock him out."

lola, robin and dustin shared an incredulous look. "...what?"

"i sneak up behind him, i knock him out, and i take his keycard. it's easy."

"did you not hear the part about the massive gun?"

"yes, dustin, i did. and that's why i would be sneaking!"

"yeah... i love you, but don't be a fucking idiot." lola said. "you've never actually won a fight."

"okay, that was one time..."

"twice, actually." dustin corrected him. "jonathan. year prior?"

"uh, that doesn't count."

"why wouldn't it? because it looks like he beat the shit out of you."

"facts. i was there." lola nodded in agreement. "he got a fat lip, crooked nose, swollen eye, and there was alot of blood..."