fourteen. bag your face, bitch

chapter five + six,the nina project + the dive

chapter five + six,
the nina project + the dive

・ 。゚☆ lola woke up dishevelled on the couch in her basement, tangled up in robin's arms - who was still sleeping, snoring softly into lola's hair. the girl smiled fondly, not wanting to move and ruin the moment, until she heard a frantic voice on the radio.

"hey, dustin, this is eddie the banished. you there? dustin, can you hear me? dustin? earth to dustin!"

lola sighed, carefully slipping out of robin's grasp to avoid waking her, and grabbing the radio, running her hands through her hair. "what do you want, munson? you're gonna wake robin."

"wheeler! hey." eddie sounded relieved. "um, i'm gonna need a food delivery, like, really soon, unless you want me going out into the world."

"no, no. don't do that." lola huffed. "uh, stay where you are, and we'll be there as soon as we can." she glanced over to the other couch, to see that max was gone. "oh, shit-"

"listen, um... can you pick me up a six-pack? i know, it's stupid as shit to drink right now, but a cold beer would really calm my jangled nerves-"

"-yeah um, i'm gonna have to call you back." the girl shrugged, putting down the radio and going to shake dustin awake.

"no, don't you da- wheeler? wheeler!"

"dustin!" lola whispered sharply, slapping the henderson boy across the back of his head.

"hm?" the boy mumbled, eyes fluttering open.

"wake up!"

"-what?"

"aren't you supposed to be on max watch?"

"yep. yep, sorry."

"then where is she?"

"she was right there- a second ago. i swear, i just dozed off for..." he checked his watch, eyes widening. "...an hour."

rolling her eyes, lola shook her sister awake. "nance, we have a problem."

nancy sighed, and the three of them headed upstairs, being greeted by mrs wheeler, who was stood in the kitchen, holding a frying pan.

"morning, guys. everything okay?"

"uh, yeah." lola nodded, once seeing that max was fine, and just sat at the kitchen table. "yeah, mom. everything's okay."