seven. visions of gideon (great destroyer)

chapter seven,the bite

chapter seven,
the bite

・ 。゚☆ "jesus, slow down!" lola slurred with a groan, her head hitting the wall of the back of the cargo truck. dustin was driving like a mad man through the tunnel, rushing towards the elevator. erica was in the passengers seat, and robin, lola and steve were crammed in the back.

"yeah, what is this, the indy 500?" robin slurred.

"it's the indy 300." steve corrected.

"no, dingus, it's 500!"

"it's 300!"

"let's say a million."

they all burst into laughter, tilting their heads back and curling up into balls.

"what is wrong with them?" erica yelled to dustin over their noise.

"i don't know!" he swerved, accidentally crashing into some barrels. "shit! you guys alright back there?"

the trio didn't answer, holding the back of their heads and groaning.

"come on, we gotta go, now!" erica and dustin ushered steve, lola and robin out of the truck, pulling at their arms hurriedly. "get out!"

"ow! we're coming!" steve complained as he tumbled onto the floor. "this sucks.."

"here goes nothing," dustin sighed, using the keycard they had stolen earlier to open the doors of the elevator, and send them soaring back up to ground level.

the trio of drugged teenagers whooped giddily as the elevator hurtled upwards. "hey! you look like you're surfing!"

"they seem drunk." erica frowned.

"why would they be drunk?"

"i'm a natural! check it out!" steve exclaimed.

robin shoved him down onto the floor. "wipeout!" she giggled, and lola laughed into her shoulder.

"hey, who are you? you're pretty." she giggled, turning to dustin and pointing at robin, poking her face. "she's pretty, isn't she?"

"sure, lola, she's very pretty-" dustin sighed, shaking his head and grabbing steve's face. "he's burning up. his pupils are super dilated."

"maybe he's drugged?" erica suggested.

"boop!" steve giggled, tapping dustin's nose.