Flower of love

"Oh, K! There you are..!" Mizuki said, in voice chat after logging into Nightcord. "K... Your.. red-- well black string... sorry." Ena wanted to ask how Kanade felt. "Enanan. Amia." Kanade said, her voice not showing a hint of sadness, despite what had happened. "We're going back in there tomorrow, I'll double check the song. I need to save her." 

"K! There's no hope..!" Ena tried to reason against Kanade's words but they were no use for Kanade wouldn't change her mind. "How would we convince her? She said she didn't want to listen or be saved?" Mizuki asked, confused.

Kanade was silent, and so were Ena and Mizuki. Kanade started softly coughing, "K? Are you okay?" Ena asked, and Mizuki also questioned. "Are you sick? Go drink water maybe."

Kanade kept coughing, her eyes shut, clearly in slight pain. "K?" Ena and Mizuki were worried. Once Kanade had stopped, she opened her eyes slowly, and her eyes widened. "H-huh?" Kanade gasped, "K! You stopped coughing! Go, drink water first!" Ena insisted, and Mizuki agreed. "O-Okay.. Hold up." Kanade stood up quickly, and ran to get water.

"What was that.. Am I hallucinating? Maybe I need sleep." Kanade murmured, thinking about what happened.

Once Kanade had stopped, she opened her eyes slowly, and her eyes widened. "H-huh?" Kanade gasped. Dark pinkish-red flower petals had spilled from her own mouth. Petals were still in her mouth so she spit them out, feeling them. They were real.

Kanade was horrified at this, questioning what was that. Maybe it's a supernatural thing. Kanade finally went back to Ena and Mizuki. "Oh K!" Mizuki said, "Are you okay now?" Ena sighed, "Geez, Kanade. You're not coughing anymore right? You got me worried for a second." 

"Ah.. I'm fine. It was nothing." Kanade said, staring at the petals that she coughed. "Oh, thank goodness." Mizuki laughed. "Anyways.. K. Are you sure you still want to save Mafuyu?" Ena asked, clearly tired with Mafuyu. "Yes. I'll save her no matter what--" Kanade felt like coughing again, so she muter her mic and coughed. "K? Your mic is off." Ena stated. 

More petals had fell, a little more than before. "K?" Mizuki worriedly called out. Kanade groaned, and dizzily straightened herself up. What's wrong with me..? It'll go away right? Kanade thought, turning her mic on and excusing herself for going mute.

"K? You're acting strange." Ena said. "Sorry. I'm pretty sleepy." Kanade stuttered a lie. "Oh, really? You should sleep then! Thought it's pretty early, 1:am..?" Mizuki thought to herself, Ena agreed. "You've been working hard! You should sleep, Get a good rest K!" Mizuki also said a goodnight. "Thank you.. Goodnight." Kanade left the voice chat.

Exiting Nightcord, she went to search what was happening to her. "Coughing petals......" Kanade thought out loud. "Hanahaki?"

Reading what Hanahaki was, Kanade's eyes widened. "Unrequited love? But.. I'm not in love?"

"Glad I don't have to be a disappointment, and my mother thinking I'm tied to a girl, rather than a good, successful husband like what she wants!" Mafuyu screamed, using every little voice she had. And so she cut the string.

"No way.." Looking at her pinky, a black string being tied. The other person, does not want to be drawn together. Kanade's face had faltered. "I don't want this.. Can the string go back?" Kanade searched for answers, but nothing. How was it cut in the first place? It's impossible.. Kanade thought.

"Maybe if I sleep it'll go away." Kanade went to bed, obviously still awake, staring at the wall. No matter how sleepy she was, she couldn't stop think of saving Mafuyu. 

"Mafuyu.. I'll save you. Even if it costs my life."

....

"Miku." Mafuyu called out in a monotone voice. Miku turned to Mafuyu, expression as blank as ever. "Do you also want to disappear?" Miku was taken aback. "No. Why?" "Oh.. really? Just thought you did. You always seem depressed." Miku stayed silent.. "Mafuyu." Mafuyu gently hummed. "She still wants to save you."

....

"Good morning, mom." Mafuyu said, with a 'smile'. "Mafuyu! Good morning, So, we have decided a college for you. The teachers and students are highly intelligent, Aren't you ecstatic??" Mafuyu's mother asked with a big smile. Mafuyu's smile faltered, hands behind her back. "Yes, mom. I'm glad. I promise I'll study hard to pass." Mafuyu said, expression blank, but a smile was up. "Good, I'm going to the store again. You can eat ahead, okay?" With that she left.

Mafuyu was silent. She didn't want to eat. She didn't want to live. She didn't want to be saved. "I'm not hungry." Mafuyu muttered to no one in particular. She decided to eat atleast a little, if her mother found out she didn't eat imagine what she would have said.

....

"Mafuyu! Please help us with our homework! It's super hard..!" One of her classmates begged. "...No." Mafuyu said coldly. "Huh? Are you joking again? Haha, Mafuyu please!!" The classmate laughed, Mafuyu wondered why they never understood that. "Yes. A joke.." 

Her classmate laughed and a few joined in the conversation as well. "Mafuyu! Can you help us too with the homework! You're really smart so..!" The classmates guilt tripped her. "Okay."

Mafuyu was tired, back slouched, not like her usual straight posture. Eyes, showing signs of fatigue. Her usual 'happy' behavior was the reason most people liked her, the other half was because she was 'smart'. 

"Mafuyu? Are you alright? You can talk to us." The classmates tried to convince her. Mafuyu stared at them then laughed, forgetting to hide something. "Haha, I'm just tired." 

The classmates had gasped. "Mafuyu! Y-Your string!" Everyone rushed to Mafuyu, bombarding her with questions. Mafuyu didn't reply. Expression blank, and her glare was cold and harsh. 

....

"Mafuyu! I heard through your teachers! What happened to your string!" Mafuyu's mother harshly grabbed Mafuyu's hand. "It's- It's black and has been cut! ..Who did this?!" She asked, sternly. Mafuyu was silent, not knowing what to say. "How could this have happened! I knew you weren't safe at school! One of them did this didn't they?!" Mafuyu's mother had gone on a rampage, while Mafuyu stared at the floor. Clearly done with life.

"Mafuyu! Go to your room now! I'll settle this with the police. How dare someone cut my daughter's string when it was supposed to be unbreakable!" Mafuyu's mother rushed out the door. "Annoying. Making assumptions. How stupid." Mafuyu whispered, going to her room.

....

"K! You've been coughing so much lately... Maybe we should delay visiting the SEKAI?" Mizuki recommended. "Yeah, Amia's right." Ena agreed. Kanade responded after coughing a bit, "No-no.. It's fine, probably caught a cold.. It'll be fine." Kanade refused to tell them what's happening to her. Mizuki and Ena stayed quiet, clearly knowing she may be sick. 

"Amia--" Kanade's cough was getting worse every minute. "Ugh.. Are you ready to go to the SEKAI?" "K! I won't keep quiet! You can't go! You're obviously sick!" Ena yelled, clearly pissed. Mizuki agreed. "I'm sorry, K. We aren't going with you in that condition." 

Kanade ignored them. "Fine. I'll go by myself." "K! Stop it, it's no use--" Before Ena could continue arguing, Kanade left the voice chat. 

Before Kanade could get up, she started coughing violently again. She started breathing rapidly like she wasn't getting enough air. "Ugh.. No, I have to save Yuki first.. I need water first." Kanade wasn't coughing petals anymore, she started coughing flowers. She felt as if her lungs are being compressed, making her breathing almost impossible.

"Okay.. Time to go to the SEKAI." Kanade said, slightly panting.